Got DQed with the Lim Pro

RobertLx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add more confusion to the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the Lim Pros at the time only had the single sided safety?

This is what I suspect happened. Hopefully Tanfoglio switches back or moves to the Stock 2 safeties.

Just Take the right side safety off, no big deal.

Looking through the production appendix I don't see where this is allowed. I would assume removing the right side would be considered a modification and be prohibited. You'd have to replace it with a factory single sided safety. Is there a ruling that states otherwise?

Edited by TDH

Looking through the production appendix I don't see where this is allowed. I would assume removing the right side would be considered a modification and be prohibited. You'd have to replace it with a factory single sided safety. Is there a ruling that states otherwise?

You could swap basic external parts with ones from other guns from the same manufacturer that are also on the Production list.

You could swap basic external parts with ones from other guns from the same manufacturer that are also on the Production list.

Right, I know swapping to a single sided safety from another production gun is fine. Based on the the rulebook, I don't think you can just take the right side off an ambi safety and be legal. Hence why I asked if there was a somewhere stating that you could just remove the right side safety per waktasz's suggestion.

Right, I know swapping to a single sided safety from another production gun is fine. Based on the the rulebook, I don't think you can just take the right side off an ambi safety and be legal. Hence why I asked if there was a somewhere stating that you could just remove the right side safety per waktasz's suggestion.

Is there a Production gun that comes with that configuration? If there is then I would say, "game on."

Is there a Production gun that comes with that configuration? If there is then I would say, "game on."

The Lim Pro used to have that setup.

Alex Gutt uses the safeties off a Stock 2 on his Lim Pro

Hi John,

I was wondering if it was legal to run remove the right side from an ambi safety on a production gun. The factory offers both single sided and ambi safeties. It's for an EAA/Tanfoglio if that helps any.

Thanks!

-Mattprofile_mask2.png
DNROI <dnroi@uspsa.org>
8/5/14
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Matt,

Yes it is OK to remove one side of the ambi, there is no competitive advantage gained, and as you indicated, they come both ways from the factory.

John

• 4 weeks later...