Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got DQed with the Lim Pro

RobertLx

I got DQed at a state IDPA match because my Limited Pro in 9mm didnt fit the box at the chrono stage. The gun actually fits inside the box perfectly, but the lid wouldn't close tight. The safeties are too wide for the box to close all the way. They were using a plastic "official" IDPA box from IDPA.

So the box depth is 1 5/8' or 1.625. A caliper across my safeties measures 1.682. I cant argue the DQ too much because the gun was too wide, but it sucked.

I want to stay in SSP division with this gun, but I need to change the safety.
You guys know what other EAA guns are SSP legal so I can switch the safety and make it fit the box?

I could just remove the right safety and shoot ESP, but Id like to keep it SSP legal.

The Witness Elite Match looks to have the same as the Stock 2, but the website says it weighs 44oz. Can anyone confirm that?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got DQed at a state IDPA match because my Limited Pro in 9mm didnt fit the box at the chrono stage. The gun actually fits inside the box perfectly, but the lid wouldn't close tight. The safeties are too wide for the box to close all the way. They were using a plastic "official" IDPA box from IDPA.

So the box depth is 1 5/8' or 1.625. A caliper across my safeties measures 1.682. I cant argue the DQ too much because the gun was too wide, but it sucked.

I want to stay in SSP division with this gun, but I need to change the safety.

You guys know what other EAA guns are SSP legal so I can switch the safety and make it fit the box?

I could just remove the right safety and shoot ESP, but Id like to keep it SSP legal.

The Witness Elite Match looks to have the same as the Stock 2, but the website says it weighs 44oz. Can anyone confirm that?

Similar issue reported here on a Stock 2.

http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/4246-production-box/

I need the gun to fit the box they will be using. I dont want to argue that they allow a % larger than actual size.

What model comes with the Gold team single sided safety? Im not oppose to getting rid of the right safety.

I was under the impression that it was the elite limited pro as pictured on the EAA website. Either way its an EAA factory part so that's all that matters.

Edited by vixty

I was under the impression that it was the limited pro, maybe the older model. Either way its an EAA factory part so that's all that matters.

Not for IDPA. It has to come off another gun that is SSP legal. Different than USPSA.

You would eventually win the arguement. If it is in the rulebook of IDPA about the allowable tolerance of the box then it should have been given to you. Boxes can vary based on the material they are made out of and if they are even in spec to begin with. I've only ever shot a couple Level 2 USPSA matches and have only been subject to the box then. I'm not sure who verifies the box dimensions before the match begins.

Robert,

According to the EAA website it shows the gold team single sided safety on the elite limited pro so you should be good to go I would think. Here's a picture of my S2 with the safety on it.

post-59822-0-43250500-1444439504_thumb.j

post-59822-0-79111000-1444439511_thumb.j

That's awesome! I really like the safety on the Lim Pro, so this will suit me well. Thanks!

Robert,

According to the EAA website it shows the gold team single sided safety on the elite limited pro so you should be good to go I would think. Here's a picture of my S2 with the safety on it.

They don't do that in IDPA. I didn't conform to the rules for the division so I got a DQ. I was able to shoot the match not for score

How could you be DQ'd without a safety violation? Why didn't you get bumped to ESP?

They don't do that in IDPA. I didn't conform to the rules for the division so I got a DQ. I was able to shoot the match not for score

How could you be DQ'd without a safety violation? Why didn't you get bumped to ESP?

It's not technically a DQ but the affect on scores is the same. You are allowed to shoot the other stages for no score and you receive a DNF for the match.

Possibly. I can't find anywhere that the lim pro or any other ssp legal gun comes with a one sided paddle like that though. The Eliete match has a one sided that looks like the S2 safety, but the gun weighs too much. 43 oz is max. Unless it actually doesn't weigh 44oz. EAA says the lim pro is 9" long, but it fits in an 8 3/4" box.

It is, atlas.

Is your safety ambi and black with the wide paddle on the left?

Filling down the safety is not ssp legal.
I'll trade you for a wide paddle single sided safety.

It is, atlas.

Is your safety ambi and black with the wide paddle on the left?

Filling down the safety is not ssp legal.

It is if they don't know about it which is why I suggested getting it cerakoted back the same color lol