Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MKA1919 Mag Pouches?

Benl

I've picked up an MKA 1919 Match to shoot Open class 3 gun. I've shot a few matches with it, but carrying the mags is problematic. Right now, I'm using my Heavy Metal 308 mag carriers tightened up; it sort of works, but moving with it is a pain and reloading from it is awkward. A thigh rig would work much better.

Does anyone make a thigh rig for MKA1919 mags? Right now, I'm using factory 10 rounders, so that's what I'm looking to carry. Any ideas?

Edited by Benl

DIY with Safariland 6004UA thigh plate and hanger, mounted 3 M1A pouches. Upward facing ELS fork for easy removal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkxwsv9umh2mtvg/_20150929_192109.JPG?dl=0

The Safariland M1A pouches are what I use for Heavy Metal, just with Tek-Loks for my belt. They work OK, but don't hold the 1919 mag with a lot of real estate.

DPMSmagpouch01.jpg

Edited by Benl

I make the kydex thigh rig for Tooth & Nail. They will hold the 10 round or the 24 round mags and come with a tec loc so you can easily take it off and on for different stages. You're mag will not fall out and you get plenty of range of motion.

The pouch on Tooth and Nail's website is for coupled magazines. Is a single mag pouch also available?

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...