Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 for Carry Optics: Carry or Full size?

andersonj55126

I am looking to buy a P320 for Carry Optics. Would you guys recommend the carry size with full size grip but compact slide or the normal full size gun?

Seems to me that the carry maybe the way to go because the slide is lighter weight and maybe able to get back on target faster.

When I last looked, only the full sized was on the production gun list and that is needed for Carry Optics. I picked up a new full sized just to build into a CO gun for just that reason.

Could be mistaken, tho.

Not optics ready just yet. When I called Sig the customer service rep I spoke with told me probably first or second quarter 2016. So I picked up a full sized and put a FastFire III on it. Used the P226 mount.

I plan on shooting Carry Optics with it at the next GMPS match if you want to get a look at it.

Hope this helps.

Mike

You can "tune" the recoil spring in a full size with a GrayGuns or Springer Precision guide rod & 1911 spring of your choice (most are using 13# for 9mm), can't do that with a compact because it is a double captured spring and there's no aftermarket replacement ... yet. Look up Anette Evans' videos the show how flat a shooter the P320 can become.