Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Slide Stop Options

d_striker

The stock SP01 slide stop is starting to get in the way of my left hand. Slide isn't locking back when it's supposed to.

What are some other options. Are 75 and 85 slide stops compatible with the SP01? Is there something thinner that might work for me?

I take it back..

the RAMI slide stop will fit. the frame is relieved so the the pin length is the same.

rami stop_SDW087ss3.jpg

Nice, I thought I was going to have to correct you on that. I run the rami slide stop in both my guns, and know 2 other guys who run them also on either sp-01 or sp-01 shadows.

The rami slide stop is nice for getting out of the way of your left hand, but does not auto forward like the standard sp-01 slide stop did.

I take it back..

the RAMI slide stop will fit. the frame is relieved so the the pin length is the same.

rami stop_SDW087ss3.jpg

Nice, I thought I was going to have to correct you on that. I run the rami slide stop in both my guns, and know 2 other guys who run them also on either sp-01 or sp-01 shadows.

The rami slide stop is nice for getting out of the way of your left hand, but does not auto forward like the standard sp-01 slide stop did.

Interesting. I wonder what it is about the RAMI SS that doesn't let it auto forward. Not a big deal but it's nice the 99% of the time when it does autoforward with the stock SS.

I take it back..

rami stop_SDW087ss3.jpg

Interesting. I wonder what it is about the RAMI SS that doesn't let it auto forward. Not a big deal but it's nice the 99% of the time when it does autoforward with the stock SS.

With the stock slide stop, both my guns (SP-01s) auto forwarded for me 100%. The ramis don't. When I compared them the angle of the slide stop where it engages the slide is angled back towards the slide on the rami, while the standard sp-01 slide stop is pretty much parallel to the slide stop notch.

I was able to file the edge and get the rami stops to auto forward, but I wouldn't do it again since they still aren't 100% on autofowarding.

None of my other guns auto forwarded, so its not a big deal. I was actually surprised that the sp-01 did.

I have long fingers, so my thumb could touch the standard sp-01 slide stop and did have one instance where I put pressure on it as I was reloading and the slide released before I seated the mag. The rami keeps me from doing this. Primarily I run the rami so it doesn't rub my weak hand thumb. I never had function issues, but my hand would get raw after a long practice.

Edited by bthoefer

• 4 years later...

I'm intentionally reviving an old thread to ask for help. I bought a Rami slide stop for a steel frame p01. It interferes with the movement of the slide. Has anyone had to fit a side stop or have any insights?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, hal1955 said:

I have a Jericho 941 slide stop that I modified to fit my S2. Easy mod and works well. 

in most cz sh1 guns in ours club i install  j941 SS. or Tanfoglio small frame SS. 

for cz TSO i use SS from some Tanfoglio  plastic DA gun that fit perfectly  without any modification.

they hold much longer time than the original SS.