Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max: which Nordic extension?

etcetera

XL end cap would let you shoot a couple of matches that only let you have eight in the tube (take back off). I suggest you get a 10 round extension if you are a two- or quad loader. You can then load two after the beep and start shooting with 11 in the gun when appropriate.

I did, but the price is kind of not cost-efficient at $200. I can get an XL Nordic extension for $19.99 and end up with the same thing.

I am aware that the one-piece Carbon Arms extension will make slugs a little more accurate and make it easier to take apart to clean, etc.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe the xl end cap is for the old Nordic tube station and the VMT uses a MXT tube. My reccomend action is to not stop at 9 but get 12 round capacity. You will not regret it. You can accomplish this by getting the coupler and another +4 tube. Then you can keep the flush 8 round tube should a match require 8 round limit or go all out with the 12.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by Iowashooter

VM Tactical uses the MXT tube (the one with the clamp recess). You could also consider the Shooters Source extensions.

Makes sense. Looks good.

Any pics of VMT with +2? Or +1?

Here you go:

VMT%202%201%20Extensions_zpshrprv6rd.jpg

Versa Max Tactical with Benelli PG stock, extended choke tube and a Roulette Tactical +2 magazine extension. Below the +2 extension is a Roulette Tactical +1 extension. Unfortunately, Roulette is no longer in the gun parts business, but I understand the Shooter's Source extensions are strongly inspired by the original Roulette design.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Thank you for the pic.

Pros / cons of Nordic extension vs Shooter's choice extensions?

Dunno - they all seem to work. I have never used the SS extension, but I and several friends have run the Roulette +1s and +2s with total success. I also have an older Nordic tube with XL cap, and it also runs 100%. I don't think you can go too far wrong with either. Probably comes down to cost and which color you want.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I checked the VMT, it does not appear to have the clamp recess in the tube. It's 2+ years old, so maybe that's the reason. It's not the latest "competition" model they came out with recently.

Then buy a completely new 9-shot extension from Nordic - no fuss, no muss.

When I first got my Versamax, everybody was sold out of the +8 Nordic tubes, so I got a +7 and put a Roulette Tactical +1 cap on it to give me 12+1. the 12 shot tube gives you SO much versatility in stage planning. I couldn't imagine going to anything less.