Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can someone give me pros & cons of a TS-40 vs. a Tanfo Ltd

bafsu92

I'm looking at making the switch from my 2011's to a TS or Tanfo for limited. I don't shoot much limited and I'm so used to my Shadow's that I want something that feels more similar when I do shoot limited, weight, bore axis etc. All things being equal what do you prefer and why? Thanks for any input.

I have 2 CZ TS pistols. One at 9x19, other in 40SW.

The Mag of CZ with basepad from Czech and sping+follower from CZC holds 19 rounds of 40SW. The gun with this mag in is working 100% and fits with that mag in in IPSC box.

Edited by asimonp79

Here's a Tanfoglio/CZ Limted gun comparison I did some time ago:

I have the Limited and the TS so I can tell you each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

TS Strengths:

-sub 2# trigger out of the box

-with CZC springs/followers/base pads mags hold 21 reloadable with no fuss

-solid, heavy tight gun

-fixed rear sight makes a great place to rack the slide

TS Weaknesses:

-cheesy waffle iron checkering on frame

-cycles best with SAAMI length rounds with jacketed/plated bullets (most lead bullets must be loaded really short and take some work to make reliable)

-cheesy plastic mag well

EAA Limited Strengths:

-aggressive checkering on front and rear strap

-adjustable rear sight (if you like them)

-dead sexy looks :wub:

-drilled and tapped for thumb rest/optics

-eats a variety of loads/bullets/lengths (can even use 10mm mags and load longer than 1.2")

EAA Limited Weaknesses:

-4#+ trigger out of the box

-20 rounds with Henning pads/springs/followers (21 if tuned)

-slightly less cheesy aluminum factory mag well (Henning's is much better)

I go back and forth on which I like better :wacko:

Can't you use your Shadow for Limited....I thought one could ? But......I have a TS that will be here on Monday ! :) I went 9mm but am planning on getting a 40 slide for it.....for Limited Major.Just getting away from IDPGay and moving more towards USPSA and PASS.I can run the 9mm TS in PASS ( FMP ) and USPSA Limited Minor......then switch to 40 slide later on.

Here's a Tanfoglio/CZ Limted gun comparison I did some time ago:

I have the Limited and the TS so I can tell you each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

TS Strengths:

-sub 2# trigger out of the box

-with CZC springs/followers/base pads mags hold 21 reloadable with no fuss

-solid, heavy tight gun

-fixed rear sight makes a great place to rack the slide

TS Weaknesses:

-cheesy waffle iron checkering on frame

-cycles best with SAAMI length rounds with jacketed/plated bullets (most lead bullets must be loaded really short and take some work to make reliable)

-cheesy plastic mag well

EAA Limited Strengths:

-aggressive checkering on front and rear strap

-adjustable rear sight (if you like them)

-dead sexy looks :wub:

-drilled and tapped for thumb rest/optics

-eats a variety of loads/bullets/lengths (can even use 10mm mags and load longer than 1.2")

EAA Limited Weaknesses:

-4#+ trigger out of the box

-20 rounds with Henning pads/springs/followers (21 if tuned)

-slightly less cheesy aluminum factory mag well (Henning's is much better)

I go back and forth on which I like better :wacko:

That's pretty spot on for my feelings so far. I am basically thinking whatever I get the best deal on is the winner. Any idea what it takes to get the Tango trigger better? If it's just springs and polishing then I'm leaning that way but if I have to buy hammer, sear and trigger to get it to CZ quality then I'm leaning CZ. It seems like the only real extras the CZ needs is the mag parts and a decent mag well.

Can't you use your Shadow for Limited....I thought one could ? But......I have a TS that will be here on Monday ! :) I went 9mm but am planning on getting a 40 slide for it.....for Limited Major.Just getting away from IDPGay and moving more towards USPSA and PASS.I can run the 9mm TS in PASS ( FMP ) and USPSA Limited Minor......then switch to 40 slide later on.

You probably could but I'm not really interested in limited minor and don't want to mess with adding a magwell. Plus If I bought a .40 top end I think 18-19 rds is about as good as you can do in .40 where the other 2 can do 20-21.

Any idea what it takes to get the Tango trigger better? If it's just springs and polishing then I'm leaning that way but if I have to buy hammer, sear and trigger to get it to CZ quality then I'm leaning CZ. It seems like the only real extras the CZ needs is the mag parts and a decent mag well.

If the trigger is a priority get the TS for sure, the best Tanfo trigger job will be close to a factory TS trigger, but a TS with a trigger job will make 2011 guys drool ;)

I did chop the dust cover of my TS:

IMG_20140319_223817_670-1_zpsijxbpmox.jp

I only cut it back to the serial number, an FFL 07 can file an ATF Form 3311.4 - Application for Alternate Means of Identification of Firearm(s) (Marking Variance) to legally relocate the serial number, but I didn't want to bother.

The other thing which happens if you cut back further than I did you get a gap between the frame and slide.

I'm thinking about doing three ball cuts in the dust cover to lighten it further.

I started out with a TS 9mm and then bought a 40 slide from Stuart. The great thing is the 9mm mags work for both so there was no need to buy anymore mags. Just throw the 40 slide on and have fun

The Limited feels more like an SP-01 in the hand than does a TS. The TS is wider at the beaver tail. I've also waffled back and forth between the TS and the Limited ...and an old supersighted Match I bought off the classifieds years ago as a back-up. Besides the awesome trigger, I just don't think the TS is any better than a Match.

Edited by pivoproseem

Have a 40 TS that I did the grip reduction, trigger and beavertail undercut. VZ grips, front and back checkered 20lpi and cerakote. Added fo front sight, czc hammer,springs and idpa magwell.

Compared with a elete limited that a very good friend shoots I would consider it going backwards if I bought a limited.

Edited by GJGary