Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold team ambi safety production legal?

vixty

Hmm...per production rules: safeties have to either be offered on the same production gun or another approved production gun. custom parts are only considered ofm if they're on a production approved gun. AFAIK, the gold team safeties are oem, but not offered on a production approved gun.

it technically only needs to be on the one side because the gold ambi safety has the normal safety on the right side which is production legal. So I would think the gold safety should be legal

Legal. It is a factory part.

(It is the same logic as a glock 17 mag release using a glock 34 extended or a powder river precision trigger on an xdm) What you need to find out is when you place your pistol inside the uspsa box. You will find that it is tight or most cases it is too wide and the box wont close.

Legal. It is a factory part.

(It is the same logic as a glock 17 mag release using a glock 34 extended or a powder river precision trigger on an xdm) What you need to find out is when you place your pistol inside the uspsa box. You will find that it is tight or most cases it is too wide and the box wont close.

Not a good example, glock 17 and 34 are both on the production list so yes you can swap stock parts. The gold team is not on the list so you can not use its external parts (unless the same part is factory on a production list model)

No need to argue, the rule book is pretty clear. Appendix D4, 21.6: "Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below"

They don't use a box for ipsc production.

Yes the safeties are ipsc legal as they are an option from the oem.

But uspsa have some rule differences. Particularly around production division. It 'should' be legal as offered on the lim pro.

Its on the limited pro so as long as it fits in the box I think its good to go.

The Limited Pro has a single sided safety, probably so it fits in the box.

No it doesn't.

Mine was ambi with the gold team on the left side and something similar to the stock 2 on the right brand new right out of the box.

Either way, it sucked and kept my grip to low for my liking. I kept bumping it and that got really old really quick. I went to flat witness style and could not be happier.