Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vinci or Super Vinci

ffgats

Debating which one to get,

First of all,by law we are limited to 5 or would say 5.9 rnds mag capacity for the longest shell it chambered.The Super Vinci has the plus side on this , I beleive it can go as 7 rnds of 2 3/4 and 5.9 of 3 1/2 which is in the max limit.

The Vinci is chambered in 3" so the max I can go for the 2 3/4 is only 6. but which has the SPEED BOLT FEATURES which by honesty have no idea what it is, hopefully you can enlighten me on this feature.

by the way its for IPSC AND 3GUN TYPE OF FUN

Edited by ffgats

The Stoeger M3500 is a 3.5" chambered gun, so as I understand it would be allowed the same capacity. It is inertia, similar to the M2. The gun and parts for it are a lot less expensive than either the Vinci or the M2, but it is much more conventional than the Vinci/ super Vinci.

There are only a few shops specializing in the Stoegers, and as a rule of thumb they are generally built for more cost-conscious shooters. So there isn't a lot of demand for high-dollar options like bolt lightening, which must be viewed as a systemic modification. You must balance the mass of the carrier against spring tension to achieve best results. But this is kinda thread-drifting off the original topic. My only point was that it is also a 3.5" gun like the Super-Vinci, and therefore could legally contain more 2-3/4 shells in Canada, where Semi-autos are limited to 5 rounds of the longest shells the shotgun is designed for.

There are a few guys running Super Black Eagle 2. (3.5" chamber)

Similar to the M2 in operation, but has the top half of the receiver fixed to the barrel.

Haven't tested it myself, but I would think this would give more consistent point of aim/impact with slugs seeing as the barrel ad receiver are fixed.

Plus the loading port is big.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running a Vinci 24" speedbolt with a X-Rail magazine for a year and my shotgun work has improved quite a bit. It loads easy once you open up the port and the recoil is straight back. I have a 1301 and a M2 that don't shoot as well for me as the Vinci. Now that the safety extensions are available, it will be a perfect setup for me.

I love my Vinci. It runs and runs and runs. I would probably stay away from the super Vinci. If it is like the SBEII, being a 3¹½" gun, it may not cycle light loads? Don't know for sure, but it is something to consider.