Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed or Limcat

randy01

I want a holster for my PC625. But becouse it has a dot mounted on it the only solution is a speedholster. I dont like the design of the safariland, doesn't seem very well secured. The two remaing are the CR speed and the limcat wich one would be best. Easy to use and secure locking.

Randy

Randy01,

I have a CR speed and am not "in love" with it. It works ok and I may just not have the adjustments perfect. I didn't like it enough to spend time "fiddling" with it. It's hanging on a peg in the basement.

I use a two Garcia rigs for my revolvers and very happy with them. I use it for my PC 625 for USPSA and my PC627 w/C More for ICORE/steel/whatever. It locks up tight and if I forget to unlock it, I can unlock smoothly during the draw. I use one for my S&W Mod 10 PPC gun and it locks up tight.

My 2 cents,

Good luck,

Dave

Don't forget the extreme hoster from Shooting Acadamy (sp) Garcia's place.

Speed shooters has 'em. Less money than the Lim or CR speed and if you

like a no-barrel holding holster it will fit all the revo's you have

(at least the 10-12 I have fit it, K frames to N frames)

http://www.frankgarciausa.com/images/xholster2.jpg

Just checked speedshooter.com, not listed anymore :(

I believe Brownells stocks the Universal Shooting Academy (Garcia) holster. Have not tried it--just recently went from an old brown Safariland 002 to a new CR Speed. Only shot one match, not sure I have it optimally adjusted yet, but it seemed to work pretty well.

If you get the CR Speed, don't get the "long" model if you want it to work with a 5" gun. Even though the description says it will fit, it will not--I had to perform major surgery on the gun with hacksaw and dremel tool to shorten the adaptor so the muzzle cup would engage the end of the gun like it's supposed to. Brownells needs to change their catalog description.

Mike

I have no experience with Limcat. But my experiences with CR are great! Plus like the Top 3 in every divison in the world use CR ;) Can't go wrong with it. Secure and FAST!

Just like eveybody should use Jerry M's grips 'cause he's the fastest :P

But seriously folks, use what your comfortable with.

If your fairly new to the competition game a trigger guard only holster may

not be for you.

If you forget to lock a Garcia Extreme/LimCat and your walking around/sitting/

doing whatever that revo is going down. Same thing could happen with a muzzle cup

type but less likely IMO.

And what Airdale said....so many adjustments....so little gray matter :wacko:

I have no experience with Limcat. But my experiences with CR are great! Plus like the Top 3 in every divison in the world use CR ;) Can't go wrong with it. Secure and FAST!

Just like eveybody should use Jerry M's grips 'cause he's the fastest :P

Hehe, got me there :D True...

If you used a CR holster in USPSA would that be legal for just open class, or revolver class as well?

Ted

Ted, it's legal for Revolver Division :)

BTW-the Garcia Extreme lock up is excellent.

I holstered up to go to the pasture for some steel and #10 can practice. (I can't remember what chapter that is in the Benos book). I had my 627 w/Cmore locked in.

I chased the barn cat out of the garage, went to the barn, fed la cat, fed and watered the old horse. No worries on the revo-good tight lockup.

Dave

"I had to perform major surgery on the gun with hacksaw and dremel tool"

Carmoney, remind me to never have you do any gun smithing for me! LOL!

Haha!! Sorry, I meant that I hacksawed and dremeled the HOLSTER, not the GUN.

I was probably drinking scotch late at night when I left that message.....

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Randy,

The only difference between the CR for Autos and the CR for Wheelguns is:

There is a spacer between the cups of about an Inch to make up for the height difference, CR has this spacer available and you have to tell them if you are going to use a 4" gun or not as the spacer for the 4" gun is not as long.

I found that out the hard way and got the 5" and then had to take the Handy dandy Dremmell tool to it to make the 4" 610 fit.

It works PERFECT with the underlug barrel or a non underlug !!!!

Just make sure you are getting the REVOLVER model (that includes that afore mentioned spacer)

Hopalong

Randy,

Great advice from HOP!!

Get both spacers. This will allow you to convert-to-any barrel length.

When I bought mine 3 years ago CR didn't ask, I didn't say which I needed, so they sent me the short version. I then re-ordered for the long barrel. I now have both. Extremely versatile.

I haven't tried others so I don't have an advice on them. Im OK with CR.

Dan