Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optic P09

knedrgr

Well, CZ won't send me a p-09 because of this stupid 15rnd magazine law in CO and I can't find any locally. Anybody want to sell me one without mags? I think it's either that or wait for some x-cal's to start showing up...although I'd rather have a p-09...

THey have a 10rd model of the P-09. You can get the mags on their website.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you have to mod the dovetail of the mount to fit the P-09?

bruce

Setting up for the provisional division: #welfareopen.

75D94D17-C418-441E-A480-8B88E07C4DDE_zps

No. The adapter is the Springer 75 adapter. They may have a P09 specific now.

Well, CZ won't send me a p-09 because of this stupid 15rnd magazine law in CO and I can't find any locally. Anybody want to sell me one without mags? I think it's either that or wait for some x-cal's to start showing up...although I'd rather have a p-09...

THey have a 10rd model of the P-09. You can get the mags on their website.

Thanks man, I actually found one locally that had blocked magazines.

Also, I emailed Springer about a p-09 specific mount and they don't currently have one. CZ75 should work fine though.

I'm using a springer precision mount on my P 09, it's the one for the CZ75, not the shadow, that works. It's loose going in but the mount comes with loctite and set screws. Mine hasn't budged and it's taking a beating being a .40.

Shadow and 75 have different cuts. 75 and P-09 have the same cut. The P-09 takes the 75 mount.

As to decocking with a safety, just put your weak hand thumb in between the hammer and firing pin before pulling the trigger. Then slowly slide your thumb out as you let the hammer down with your strong hand thumb. It's 100% painless and 100% safe.

Shadow and 75 have different cuts. 75 and P-09 have the same cut. The P-09 takes the 75 mount.

As to decocking with a safety, just put your weak hand thumb in between the hammer and firing pin before pulling the trigger. Then slowly slide your thumb out as you let the hammer down with your strong hand thumb. It's 100% painless and 100% safe.

Do you do that to drop to half cock or all the way down? I know it's a different game, but IDPA specifies the hammer has to be all the way down if you don't have a decocker. The hammer pinch seems a little easier, but the thumb roll to half cock is brilliantly easy.

As long as you keep the trigger depressed, it will go all the way down.

yeah but it seems to impact the firing pin harder using a thumb roll vs. pinch. I just assumed folks doing the thumb block were dropping to half cock. That's what I do with my 75 Compact I carry, anyway.

yeah but it seems to impact the firing pin harder using a thumb roll vs. pinch. I just assumed folks doing the thumb block were dropping to half cock. That's what I do with my 75 Compact I carry, anyway.

Agreed

I feel much safer with the pinch

I'm using a springer precision mount on my P 09, it's the one for the CZ75, not the shadow, that works. It's loose going in but the mount comes with loctite and set screws. Mine hasn't budged and it's taking a beating being a .40.

Did you loctite the fore/aft set screws as well as the actual mounting screws?

Did you loctite the fore/aft set screws as well as the actual mounting screws?

No, they are coated and don't need it. At least I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. Anyway, I didn't and have had no problem holding zero.

Agreed

I feel much safer with the pinch

I will admit, I have used the pinch method, right up until I DQ'd at the 'Make Ready' command at a local match. The hammer slipped out from between my finger & thumb. That is why we point the gun downrange. I had only had the gun for about 2 months. My previous Prod Div gun (H&K USP) has a decocker. That was over a year and half ago. I use only the thumb-roll method now. Being in the AZ heat it may have been a combination of perspiration, sunscreen and brain fart. Embarrassing.

Hey guys what MOA dot are you using for your optic

Im using a 3 MOA Burris Fast Fire 3. Im not really doing the run and gun USPSA thing, mine is more for precision type shooting, namely NRA Action pistol/Bianchi cup type matches. If I was doing the run and gun I would have gone with the 8 MOA.

If you don't use the decocker you have to let the hammer go all the way down, just like you do in IDPA. It's an idiotic rule because CZs were designed to be carried with the hammer on the half cock notch or cocked and locked.

Because of that, I don't know why anyone who chooses to shoot a P-09 or P-07 DA/SA would not leave the decocker in the gun.......