Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are Things Changing?

NickD

In the past week or so there have been 11 sales of Stock 2 9mm's on GB between $1000-1100. There was also a couple no reserve auctions with opening bids at $999 and $1075 which drew no bidders. After years of scarcity and high prices could this be the new normal? Or do you think this was due to a sudden glut and pricing will return to the escalated numbers recently seen? Thoughts welcome.

It's also interesting how the market reacts to it now; back then, these guns would have been sold in minutes.

It's either the Stock 2 prospective buyers already have theirs; or they went for a different gun when they got tired of searching.

My local Wal-Mart has most common ammo in stock now and that company that operates out of Winfield, Kansas, USA (whatever its called) has BLC-2 powder in 8# jugs. They've got primers now, but still are short of a lot of powders.

That's great. A bit off topic though.

Yep, the people at EAA have said they finally got a couple of loads of guns and they were released to the suppliers. EAA said that they received a lot of different guns so they should be plentiful. Also, not trying to be off topic but powder and ammo showing up at my shops as well.....

My local Wal-Mart has most common ammo in stock now and that company that operates out of Winfield, Kansas, USA (whatever its called) has BLC-2 powder in 8# jugs. They've got primers now, but still are short of a lot of powders.

That's great. A bit off topic though.

Sorry, I meant to write that possibly the increase in the availability of ammo and nice pistols were related. Maybe supply is starting to catch up with the increased demand that we've had these last six or seven years.

PS: Isn't "Middle of nowhere, North Central IL" the same as Chicago?

Edited by jmbaccolyte

Getting notifications all over the place about different arrivals, Stock II, Limited, Limited Pro. Looks like the candy store has opened again, EAA must have gotten there big shipment and sent them to the suppliers. GB is full of them now......

I had a 2011 and liked it, but it was finicky with magazines........don't understand but just wanted to feed wrong with some mags and yes they were tuned. Just wasn't meant to be. I know run a Tanfoglio Limited 40 with no issues at all.