Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli m1 or m2 lube.

sac

Don't matter none as long as you use a lube....especially in the right places. Hell even hand cream works as long as it goes in the right area!

Edited by kurtm

My buddy swears by Mobil 1 on his M2. I use FireClean on pretty much everything, and it's not let me down once. I've heard of people having problems with FireClean in really cold conditions, but seeing as I don't generally shoot in really cold conditions, I can't speak to that personally.

Mobil1 50/50 mix of oil/ATF currently on the rails. It has run flawlessly since switching to that. Used FireClean for a while, but in 30-40degF weather, it made the action sluggish until the gun warmed up.......the gun would actually stop and not run semi-auto until the FC warmed up. Fireclean says to use less amount in cold weather and has plenty of videos of ARs in frigid weather, but that is a different beast than a Benelli M2. I cleaned out all the Fireclean and ran the Mobil1 mix in the same weather, and the gun ran smooth as could be, even when just charging the gun you could tell the difference. One could argue that I should have just used less FC or something, but some matches are very cold in the morning and pretty warm in the afternoon, so I'd like to stick with one lube regimen!

However, on the rear of the "bolt" lugs, the cam pin, and the inertia spring, I put moly grease (because I have it) per RNT's guidance in the past. Also put a small amount of grease where the barrel seats.

Still use Fireclean for now on my ARs and suppressors until I run out of it since never had a problem there and it cleans up so easily.

For a Benelli? Italian Gun Grease, of course!

The CAS folks used to talk about their Uberti repro guns coming lubed with "Olive Oil" :goof:

Seriously... use some lube...Mobil 1, Breakfree CLP, etc, ,,,kinda like Kurt mentioned something is better than nothing

Edited by GunCat

For a Benelli? Italian Gun Grease, of course!

The CAS folks used to talk about their Uberti repro guns coming lubed with "Olive Oil" :goof:

Seriously... use some lube...Mobil 1, Breakfree CLP, etc, ,,,kinda like Kurt mentioned something is better than nothing

I once lubed a Beretta 92 with Windex. It actually worked!