Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ruger 22 45 lite

chetc

i am thinking of getting a riger 22 45 lite, i have a question, i know the barrel is stainless steel in a aluminum sleeve, on my 22 45 mk 2 the bolt rides in the stainless housing, so does the bolt on the 22 45 lite ride in the aluminum housing or is it sleeved in stainless steel also.

chet

I picked one of the new blue ones about 3 weeks ago. Stupid light... My daughter loves it. I put a new sear, trigger and bushing with a dawson fiber optic front. Next is a better adj rear sight.

Edited by G T

Yup. The bolt rides in the aluminum body.

I have the blue fluted version. The newer ones are a little too "Miami Vice" for me.

I just put in the trigger bushing and polished the sear (the wrong side of the sear was polished from the factory!). With a Hi-viz front sight it's a great plinker/backpacking gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a lemon. Of the hundred plus handguns I've owned it's one of the worst. Shit trigger, VERY gritty action, mags don't drop, mags don't insert smoothly, safety lever hangs up real bad, constant FTF/FTE's, etc. I was really excited about the little plinker, but I'm gonna sell it now. Somehow I have a feeling the mag safety is one of the big contributors to the problems. I've owned tons of Ruger rifles/pistols, this one is a pile of dogshit. I really hope you guys have had better luck, because mine was apparently built either Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

I bought a lemon. Of the hundred plus handguns I've owned it's one of the worst. Shit trigger, VERY gritty action, mags don't drop, mags don't insert smoothly, safety lever hangs up real bad, constant FTF/FTE's, etc. I was really excited about the little plinker, but I'm gonna sell it now. Somehow I have a feeling the mag safety is one of the big contributors to the problems. I've owned tons of Ruger rifles/pistols, this one is a pile of dogshit. I really hope you guys have had better luck, because mine was apparently built either Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

Have you taken it apart to try and find the problem? Could be something very simple. I ran mine in a Steel Challenge this weekend and won the 22 iron sights division. Had one ftf during the match.

The 22/45 light is a good platform but it's not an open the box and wow it's great gun. For trigger a Volquartsen trigger and sear work wonders for the pull without buying the full kit. For the action that is often the pos LCI. Remove the LCI and install a tandemkross filler. For the mag issue a mark Ii bushing either tandemkross or Volquartsen removes the mag safety and the mags drop free. Also make sure and clean and lube the gun well when you get it

• 2 weeks later...

Wife got one - and after I swapped out the trigger bits - it shoots great. Only problem we have is with magazine insertion. I 'think' I need to take a little off the magazine latch to make it easier to seat the magazine with the bolt forward. Seating with the bolt locked back is no problem - but bolt forward and we have the 'shoot one and out it falls' syndrome. Burnt bronze looking.... very attractive.

I picked up the black fluted version to run with my SWR Spectre II. I swapped the hammer bushing with the tandemcross to eliminate the mag disconnect safety and ground the metal tab off the LCI (until I decided to buy the filler). For the trigger, I only replaced the sear with a volquartsen and can't see it getting any better with additional parts. Great pistol and very easy handling even with the can on it.

Agree with the above. I recently bought a 2245 blue lite and it ran 'ok' out of the box but I hated the lCI and the mag safety meant mags didn't drop free. I wanted it for steel challenge RFPO so I got stuck in with making it how I wanted:

Vq mk2 bushing (removed mag safety and means mags drop free)

Vq sear

Vq hammer

Vq trigger

Vq plunger spring and main spring

Tk extractor

Tk firing pin

Tac sol compensator

Tac sol bolt racker

Rim edge thumb rest

Rim edge cmore mount

Cmore 6moa slide ride in grey

Remove sights

Remove lCI

Tk lci filler plate

Tk extended mag bases (much easier to seat mags)

Houge finger groove grips

Diy bolt slingshot mod (now changing back)

I runs like shit off a shovel now. Trigger is right on 2lb and very short travel and reset.

My first ever sc match got 10th outright. Partly because the gun was so reliable.

Pics (pre houge grips):

IMG_3212_zps6017eaec.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps27f0d34b.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsa78de41e.jpg

Edited by BeerBaron