Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new coatings and smoke

cnote

So if i have to use tightgroup, is there any noticeable difference in the new coatings

Blue bullets coating versus Bayou / BBI / SNS high tech (which i believe all use the same product)

I know its a bad combo with precision black moly coating

My experience with SNS and Titegroup is not terrible. It's a tad more smokey than my preferred Solo1000 but Titegroup has been the only powder available in any quantity around these parts. I've had no accuarcy problems using it either. I think you'll be ok.

I use TG because I have a lot of it - and I shoot Black and Blue Bullets with use Hi-Tek coating. TG has been more "smokey" than WSF and BE which I've also used.... but, it is no where near anything experienced with conventional lead and lubed bullets. On a bright morning, when the sun is just right...it can get a little cloudy. But I would buy and use TG with coated with really no concern.

TG is great with Bayou and Blue bullets. Maybe a little smoky but nothing too annoying, and it just makes for a nice, soft shooting load. I use it with Bayou and Blue bullets in both 9mm and .40.