Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trigger

drop in triggerkit... means dropped in a bag and ready to sell...

there are so much variables that you can't produce a safe drop in kit for a 2.5lbs trigger...

with the stock STI parts you get far, secundairy cut on the sear, searspring adjustment, lower the hammerhooks...

T

Take some tension off the left sear spring leg.

Buy a spare sear spring if you are worried and do it to that. Takes 2 minutes and will do the job if my new lawman is anything to go by.

Edited by dansedgli

Buy a spare sear spring if you are worried and do it to that. Takes 2 minutes and will do the job if my new lawman is anything to go by.

Do I need to bend it bankwards or away from the sear?

seriously, have a gunsmith perform a trigger job. leafspring tension is to fine tune the trigger job and you can easily go on full auto mode if you are not careful.

seriously, have a gunsmith perform a trigger job. leafspring tension is to fine tune the trigger job and you can easily go on full auto mode if you are not careful.

He speaks the truth. Screwing with the sear spring force without knowing how to set up a trigger can cause the gun to multiple fire.

As for drop in trigger kits: if the pins in the frame are tight to tolerance, they can work well. If not, you need a gunsmith to cut the sear angles correctly.

Even with the so called "drop in kits" you have to(or should) adjust the 3 finger spring

Not a difficult job but should be done with care and preferably some knowledge of what you're doing.

As stated before, safety test it at the bench and load mags one round each to make sure no hammer follow

then go to 2 rounds each for 8 or 10 mags. Its good for overall confidence in the work that has been done

One round in a mag tells you nothing about your sear geometry, the slide will lock open. You need to have a live one in the chamber and a dummy in the magazine. I do this several times before I load more in the mag.

Have a trigger pull gauge at the ready so you can adjust the center and left springs properly through the stages of the trigger take up. And absolutely as mentioned above be careful with going too light. After you re-assemble you can "drop" the slide a few times with the trigger depressed to check for hammer follow, but when you go the range run one round in the mags a few times just to check and make sure your gun doesn't double or go auto. Besides the safety factor its a good way to get dq'd.