Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW Joe Tool

gng4life

I was looking at the CGW website and I saw the Joe Tool for changing out hammer springs. Does anyone have this tool and can speak about it? Is it worth it if you want to change out springs often? Does it really save time/effort/etc.?

Thanks for any input...

I dont have the tool and it's very easy to do. Personally I think the tool is a waste of money, just my 2 cents

I was thinking that myself but if CGW saw a reason to make it, there must be a good reason. They don't seem like the kind of business to make stuff just to sell so I'm wondering...Thanks for the comment.

One can change out hammer springs with no tools besides something to push out the retaining pin once the plug is depressed. I see no reason for a special tool. Takes maybe 30 seconds.

Edited by djcantr

For someone switching hammer springs between a centerfire slide and a Kadet, it will save a few seconds, plus it's ingenious. The reason it is on CGW's site is because a lot of fellows over on the CZ Forum wanted to buy the tool, so CGW sells them for Joe (not this Joe). Joe also makes several other CZ specific tools, especially for the Kadet. He is a genius, but not a business person.

The tool is useful, but not a necessity. I have one because I used to switch the springs a bunch before having a dedicated 22 frame converted to single action, and left a 17# spring installed.

Joe