Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

building your own MKA-1919

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your pink handguard!

Matches the the pink ink you use on your 38 super brass.

Hey, good shooting at the shotgun match this weekend. I had my stuff all set and was getting ready to haul it to the car when it started raining heavy and lasted for about 30 minutes,,,and I wimped out figuring it was going to be a rainy morning. Oh well, Next time!

edit - didn't see that you had to tell us it wasn't pink...and yeah, it looks a LOT pink in the photos. :roflol:

Edited by Bamboo

I was planning on getting the 23 round mag but I wanted to make sure all was good with this "project" I fired 2 boxes of 1300fps Remington shells last night and everything worked fine. I snuck a RIO shell in there and it wasn't quite ready for that yet...

1739AA63-C757-4E92-AFE3-7F5FB6C3625E_zps

I have two 23 rnd mags and they work. I never had any luck shooting Rio. I run my XN with the reduced spring and mid barrel comp with 1145fps AA all day long. If 3 gun is ur game get the comp it really helps but it requires some tuning as adding it made me have to add the light spring.

Oh I know it's a shotgun but I run sights on mine too, they definitely help :)

Sorry couldn't resist.

:roflol: What are you running for sights? I am thinking red dot but which one... Does it need a riser?

I was planning on adding the comp also. I am going to finish out this year (6-7 more majors) in Tac-Ops/Practical so I am really prepping this for next year and maybe some local matches... I kind of like it so far

Edited by Paul-the new guy

I have to tighten the crap out of my pistol grip and then usually tighten it again after first use.

I don't think the hand guard should be loose. Mine indexes up to the front of the receiver and then the nut with O-ring under it tightens it down. I have an XN which has no movement and an XN Match with no movement. Both running T&N hand guards.Talk to Josh for help

On my XN I run the FFIII on the Burris mount like the FDE gun in a previous post. I run a Magpul CTR stock with a 1/2" riser to align my eyes. On my XN Match I'm running a C-more Slideride right on the top rail. No riser needed with my my Ergo stock. I like the C-more better, it's lower, it's brighter, dot size is changeable, reliable and bigger screen so finding the dot(not really a problem on shoulder fired weapons for me) is easier. I would definitely use a dot in open.

One issue that has caused me more problems than all other ones combined on my XN's is loose guide rods. Get the T&N one, tighten it good and check it often

Edited by bigblock455

To tighten the pistol grip I used an Allen key with a crescent wrench for leverage to get the wiggle out. I run the short end of the key into the hole on the crescent wrench the long end in the bolt and leverage the crescent to tighten

Edited by bigblock455

Also, the hand guard wiggles around a little. Just side to side. Does yours do that? The pistol grip wiggles a little also but that could be due to my cutting skills... I think I took a little too much off

My handguard used to wiggle a bit also. after I changed out to the T&N op rod with a good nut on the end I was able to torque it down better and now its rock solid.

Agree with Big Block. I'm running a Slideride and knock on wood it has taken the pounding fine.

I ran a plastic slideride for over a year without any problems. Got a good deal on an aluminum slideride recently and put it on the gun hoping it will withstand a little extra pounding should I get too gung-ho with those abandonment barrels.

I've not opened the gas ports on my gun but it runs well (if kept clean) with 1145 fps Remington Gun Club and Remington STS shells. Got some 1145 fps AA's on order. I use the lightened recoil spring.

For those that enlarged the gas ports, what size drill did you use? I may see if Bigblock will let me run a few rounds through his gun to see how much the mid-barrel comp helps.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter