Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Updates to IMA-SMM3G Rules - NEW Stealth Division

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then how about plain old Tactical? The idea of Stealth is to go back to SOF type aka real world tactical applications, correct?

If you are going to do name changes, have the following divisions;

Open

Tactical (aka Stealth, SOF, etc)

Scoped

Limited

Heavy

Meh, might as well call it Trooper division :ph34r:

LOL - I admire their tenacity, but those guys have a screw loose :roflol:

Seriously, if the name is the biggest concern folks have, I will be ecstatic. I am not adopting, coopting or changing any existing division names... Stealth is a completely new division, and I don't want to add to the confusion by using a name that has different meanings to different people. Likewise, I don't want to mess with the success of Open, Tactical or Limited as currently designed.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

The pistol box looks short as in a 6" or 5.4” 2011 is not going to fit... that is a bit opposite of the current trend in limited.

I totally understand the height it lets you chose mag capacity or optic.

I think a length that would accommodate a 6” 2011 would see some interesting pistol solutions. As it is I don’t think you could get a shorty open 2011 ( Steel master . Match master, ect..) or a Tribrid II style open gun with a slide mounted optic in that box.

The very small size of the IPSC Modified box was what drove the cost of a gun to be so high and killed the division.

I am interested in this division as I really hate what the X rail and the Box fed Shot Guns have done to OPEN. I have been shooting slide ride Open pistols since the mid 1990’s. I just feel the box being that short is going to limit things to a Factory optics ready pistol with barrel porting or a 5” limited pistol.

Out.

2011BLDR

I love box fed shotguns. Being stagnant with technology is a bad thing especially in open. But to each his own.

Pat

Box fed and X rail shotguns, feel horrid in balance to me like trying to shoulder fire a M60 belt fed MG. Also I haven’t seen a box fed run a whole match without reliability issues yet, I don’t see that being resolved until some ammunition manufacturer steps up and makes rimless 12 GA.

This year’s SMM3G was the first time I shot 3gun since 2007, my shot guns both comply with the old max loaded at start rules for Open and TO so they are not as long as the current trend

I can understand the Xrail but Box fed guns put the weight in the middle of the gun just like a rifle. It does not feel horrid to me. In fact I got into open because R&R Saiga's are like shooting a 12 gauge AR and I like AR's.

As for reliability they are fine like all open guns if you know how to maintain them. For example I just finished our annual match here and not one malfunction with my R&R Saiga. That is typical performance from my R&R's.

Looks like you have the Mk2 version of the +1. The Mk2 models were lengthened by ~0.5" to take into account different shell lengths like slugs and buck, and still give the +1 capacity.

And yes, they are threaded deeply by design, no luck about it! :D

The Beretta 1301 has a longer forearm, so with that tube, the Mk1 Roulette +1 is what is needed.

For a VersaMax Tactical, the Mk1 +1 was designed to be about 0.25" longer than the end of the muzzle with an extended factory choke tube.

The Mk2 +1 will be ~0.75" past the end of the muzzle.....

Mick

Let me know if that shortened cap doesn't stay on tight and I will let you know how to fix it.

There was a very specific mod done to prevent caps from spinning off, and by shortening it, you've removed that feature....

Mick

• 2 months later...

I like this division. Mainly because I already shoot pretty damned close to this already... I run a Production pistol in 3Gun, but Single Stack in USPSA, mainly because 3Gun is usually whole target hits, or steel. So capacity and simplicity rules. AR is 16" match grade, 1-6x optic, 30-rd mags. Shotgun 9+1 semi. I'd shoot this division tomorrow if available.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that RM3G is behind me, it's Stealth Division all the way from here on out. Here is my setup.

- 18" AR15, PMAGs, Burris XTR II 1-5x + 45-degree Primary Arms red dot, Harris bipod

- 22" Versa Max Tactical, +1 extension (gives me 9+1+1 start capacity), Burris FastFire on the OEM Picatinny rail, Mesa Urbino PG stock

- 5" M&P9 Pro, TTI mag extensions (I opted for irons on my pistol... unlike Mad Doc, I need the extra shots :devil: )

Stealth%20Division%20Guns%20COMPRESSED_z

• 2 weeks later...

The new rules are now official - read about them in THIS THREAD. Anyone interested in shooting in the new Stealth Division should read the final document carefully as there have been some minor changes (e.g. slightly longer shotgun mag tube allowance). Please post any questions in that thread to keep it all in one place.