Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Free-Float" shotgun clamp - Oh, yea TACCOM!

ericm

There is, if you have a belt sander or a hacksaw :)

NOOOOOOO.........don't do that. I'll get my son to update the website today!! We have the non-rail versions ready to go.

If you cut the rail off, it will not look good at all

Tim

Tim, send you a Private Message. Thanks!

For those with Mossberg JM 930s considering this item, let Tim know which shotgun its for, as the standard version does NOT fit around my 930 barrel, as apparently the barrel is too thick at the muzzle. I wonder how some of the posters managed to get it on their JM 930s, as there is major interference.

As expected, Tim is sending out a version that should fit the JM 930, and told me to give the one he sent to a non Mossberg owner. Anyone willing to pay the shipping?

Edited by mpom

Actually......if you have the Mossberg and ordered one of these and it's too small....call me, the new ones that we are printing out will fit all shotguns...including those fat barreled mossbergs.

Got mine yesterday. Put it on the m3000 and it fits great. Getting it over the first inch of the barrel is rough since the barrel is slightly larger up front but after the first inch it's all smooth sailing. I put a small crack in mine during installation and Tim told me if I ever wanted, just send him a picture and he'd send me another one out no problem. I'll keep it as is for now but it's great to know these things are backed up by a good warranty and a stand up company.

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the newer version on my fat barreled JM930, fired some slugs at 50 yards to make sure it shot where it was aimed, then competed in a 3G match where I fired around 75 shot shells. No issues. I like the fact that there is no barrel stress, as there is clearance between the clamp and barrel, unlike the original Nordic clamp which would pull the mag extension and barrel towards each other. Will leave it on for now.

I sighted in my SG today. With barrel floated slugs impacted about 2in. low. Adjusted sights to dead on. When cleaning the gun I noticed that there was some slight side to side movement on the brace/mag tube. The mag tube loosen ever so slighty. With the brace it's not going to unscrew and I did have a tiny bit of 242 on the tube threads. It's looks like it didn't hold. You guys think that will be a prob?

I did not use loctite, just tightened the sh*t out of forearm nut and extension, by hand only. No movement so far.

Most it can loosen is a couple of degrees of rotation, so am not concerned.

Yup.....I believe that the instructions with the Nordic Clamp tell you to loosen the tube a 1/4 turn or something like. And it makes sense, in that the idea was to have the barrel 'move' the tube.

With the Extension Stabilizer, you'll want to tighten the tube right up into the nut, even use a little blue loc-tite so the tube does not come loose out of the nut.

The barrel free floats now and there is enough clearance to tighten everything up like it should be.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

I got mine on Saturday and got it installed in time for a Tactical Shotgun match on Sunday. It's a nice piece of gear and ran through the match without any issues. It works as designed in offering some protection of your tube without the potential side effects of running a true clamp. What I really liked is it does this without adding any significant weight to the muzzle end of your shotgun.

Actually......if you have the Mossberg and ordered one of these and it's too small....call me, the new ones that we are printing out will fit all shotguns...including those fat barreled mossbergs.

Well, my g/f and I 3-D printed a few for our Benelli M2 Tacticals and it seems as if the upper half is too tight to clear our shotgun barrels. Is there a new STL file for the fat barrel version of the clamp?

Well, my g/f and I 3-D printed a few for our Benelli M2 Tacticals and it seems as if the upper half is too tight to clear our shotgun barrels. Is there a new STL file for the fat barrel version of the clamp?

Welllllll........not yet......we need to upload the newest file......sorry bout that......actually, I forgot about the download file. Will get that changed soon!!

Welllllll........not yet......we need to upload the newest file......sorry bout that......actually, I forgot about the download file. Will get that changed soon!!

I'll keep my eyes open. :) Don't need it any time soon—I don't run a clamp now, but I am signed up for Starlight and I figure this is the best way to get a flashlight mounted on my M2 for night shooting!

I'll keep my eyes open. :) Don't need it any time soon—I don't run a clamp now, but I am signed up for Starlight and I figure this is the best way to get a flashlight mounted on my M2 for night shooting!

YES.....a great way to do the flashlight thing!!

Just printed one from the model on the site. 1. Does this thing fit a Remington Versamax? When I push it on there it seems to have too much material between the barrel and the tube. Pushes out on the tube. 2. What size scews does this take?

Thanks

Yes....#8 screws, I believe 5/8" long work best.

ALSO.......I am going to be loading the new file up to drop box very soon.....(I hope)......as i am working on that right now.

Tim