Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip options for EAA Stock 3

JGus

I've got a set of the Extreme grips, but they are too narrow/slim. The stock wood grips are thick enough but aren't aggressive enough.

This has probably been asked before, but I can't find the thread if it has. Is there anyone that makes a VZ version grip for the Stock 3? Or a G10 type material? I've searched all over the 'net but can't find anything.

I see that Hogue makes an aggressive G10 grip for the EAA Witness. Will that fit on a large frame Stock 3?

The old style wood grips are much better than the new ones in my opinion. Those and the Extreme are only ones I have used as the Extreme fits me well. I did have a set of the aluminum that came with my Gold Team and they were nice, maybe a little thicker than the Extreme but not much. Some have taken the rubber grips that come on some of the "Tanfo Matches" and stippled them and fit to Stock II's or Lim Pros, their are pics on one of the threads here.

How about sanding down the stock wooden grips smooth and a little thinner with a belt sander and then covering them with grip tape? I've done this with a set for my Limited Pro and they fit my hands great!

eaaWLP_grips.jpg

eaaWLP_04.jpg

Edited by BrazeauRacing

I have given that consideration, using the grip tape over the wood grips. I was hoping to find some VZ diamond grips or something similar, but it looks like that option just isn't available.

I'm just surprised that with the popularity of the Stock 2 and 3 that there aren't more grip options available. I know availability is an issue, but I'd think there are enough in the market that someone would make a VZ style or G10 style grip.

Does anyone know if the Hogue G10 EAA Witness grips will fit the Stock 3?

No, I checked all the Hogue stuff is for small frame / CZ stuff. I think it is crazy that no one out there makes G10 style grips for the witness elites. If they were available I would have a pair. I completely agree that the factory wood grips are a great size for feel, but the texture is just way too weak on them. Problem is I'm not terribly fond of grip tape either...

The nice thing is if they make grips for the Stock III, they'll work in the Stock III, Stock II, and Limited Pro, and limited if you are using the weld on mag well, and even if you are not, you could pretty easily just cut them down to fit.

I mentioned that all in my email to VZ :cheers:

Just got a very encouraging response from VZ:

--
Thanks for the nice email. We really appreciate your business and your feedback. I get requests for the Tanfoglio Witness pistol grips quite often and it is a gun we are considering offering grips for although we do not have a timeline for when. Check back with us. Hope you have a great Thursday : )
Reece Hall

Client Relations Manager

VZ Grips

--

Apparently we are getting somewhere. I think people should keep contacting them, to improve their visibility of the interest there is for these grips!

• 1 month later...

I'm having some grips made thinner than factory thicker than EG aluminum, when he gets the design finished, I'm sure he will be offering them to the general public. I got no stake in it, other than finally getting some grips I am happy with at a decent price.

I'll give a shout out when they are done.