Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What timers work with Airsoft?

pmd

Been playing abit with the Airsoft and do plan real practice sessions soon.

Which timers work with Airsofts?

I have a Pocket Pro and fiddled with it's sensitivity but it does not pick up the airsoft sound.

Anythoughts?

Thanks!

PMD

Guest Larry Cazes

So far I have not been able to get either our pocket pro or pact club II to trigger off the sound of our airsoft. I suspect that we would need a circuit mod to change either timers sensitivity to that level.

I believe that the best (maybe only) way to do this is to use a timer which has a provision for an external trigger. The CED6000 (and 8000 I think...where the heck is my owner's manual...) have this but not sure about any others.

The target then just closes an electrical contact of some sort to trigger the timer.

If you timer was sensitive enough you could try shooting a hanging sheet metal "gong". That might make enough noise to trigger the timer.

Somewhere here is a thread that has a link to a Japanese site with details (not in english the last time I found it).

Maybe this is stupid, but what if you put the timer next to an object you are shooting that might make a loud enough sound with the impact of the airsoft BB. First thing that comes to mind is a pie tin. Don't know if this would work or not, but might be worth giving a try. The times you would get would be off a little because of the flight time of the BB, but better than nothing if it works.

The best results I've had with recording my airsofting times with a PACT timer is to stop the string with the barrel within a couple of feet of the timer. Or, I had good success firing the last shots of a string through a plastic barrel with the timer inside. Of course I only get my overall time for the string but it's better than nothing.

Shepard

Hi,

Over here in Uk we have to use Airsoft & CO2 guns instead of the real thing.

As said above the CED 6000 & 8000 work, although you have to turn the sensitivity of the 6000 up to the point wher it's own start beep, registers & then just a touch back!

Also, R U Ready Electronics produce an airsoft version of their normal timer, available through the Sleeping Tigers, one of the main Practical pistol organizations in UK.

Hope this helps

Mike

Holy crap! How do you shoot that target in your avatar?

Shoot fast & call your shots!

It's actually harder than it looks in the avitar, as it dosen't repeat any cycle, it's got an almost random motion that slows down & then speeds up almost ramdomly as well!

The main problem in getting it accepted was proving that it was the same for each shooter. Hours of work with a video camera managed to prove it, but later we discovered that if the target got damp & dried out during the competition, the motion did change.

We got around that by adding a no-shoot target to the opposite end of the limb that holds the target. :D

How far can the muzzle be from the CED and R U Ready timers?

For airpistols (Co2 & air cartridge) you can wear the timer or your belt (assuming you are practicing on your own), with the quieter airsoft guns you need to get an RO to run the timer quite close, around your ear or shoulder.

Unfortunately this encourages gamesmanship & needs a very agile & fast RO to avoid being run into by a shooter who wants a re-shoot.

• 14 years later...

For me one of the best is shot timer for airsoft and RS at if you are training alone is the Shotmaxx 2 by double alpha. 😁

Shotmaxx 2 has a accelerometter option that can caption the recoil / motion of the watch so no more issue when training.

here is the video about it. in airsoft application.