Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pimp My Stock III

Rumor has it that Eric swaps his Xtreme Light Hammer Spring very often. I had great luck with mine just over the 1000 round mark.........However with NOTHING changed on the gun, LPS frequency started climbing to a point of 5 in one stage. I ditched it for a 13# Wolff.

When I am working up a load my tried and true test is to place one round in the magazine and do a slide lock reload. 45 bump insert will release the slide forward. I do this with about 5 rounds. Non loaded ammo of course. Unfortunately you cant compare the G34 feeding with the SIII. Pretty much everyone that went from the SII to the SIII reported some ammo feed issues with their current load.

I'm getting solid feeding with Round Nose 125gr. I played a little the 147 Truncated Nose and had no issues. No load data with me right now though.

I believe stiffening up your recoil spring is a band-aid but I wont run lower than a 9lb and it really helps.

Edited by praetorian97

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just over 1k on the gun, i might try a new hammer spring.

What is the 45 bump insert? Where you slow feed it and smack the back of the slide to push it in battery?

What i have done so far was slow feed mags- it works until the last round in the mag and then it hangs and the bump wont even help, i have to extract the round.

I have been running 9lb spring for most of it. Tried a 7 at first snd it was clear i needed a heavier one.

Yes instead of inserting the mag straight up/in, you insert it then shove it forward a little.

We all know slide lock reloads are bad but only running 10 rounds, its a possibility for us. I dont know the exact science behind it but this is the scenario for a perfect fail to feed.....if its going to happen.

What are the problems with the Gen4 FP and the extended block. Does it seem like the extended block is always required with a 1 piece sear.

in my stock 3 and probably others, the gen4 FP is not blocked by even the extended FPB.. my guess is the extended FPB needs to be MOAR EXTENDED.

I just "slow fed" some round nose snap caps in all 7 of my mags, 2 rounds in each.. they all fed perfectly.. so looks like i have some 147gr FP to dump... movin' on to round nose!

edit: and movin' back to the 7 lb recoil spring!

Edited by earthshine402

Yes. EXT FPB and one piece sear would NOT prevent the Henning Gen IV FP from moving forward.

I checked my load book and I had 1.112 " listed as too long for the truncated nose. Try 1.10?

I load at 1.095" personally.

LOL.. i initially had them at 1.135, and squished them down to 1.110 after i realized that the bullets were contacting the rifling when doing the plink test.. maybe ill try squishing a few and see if they feed..

Keep us in the loop. When I converted to a CZ and a Tanfoglio, the OALs were eye opening. Contemplating getting my barrel reamed.

Given the fact that my FPs and JHPs at 1.110 don't actually feed smoothly, I'm probably not going to bother.. gonna get some round nose of some 124-147 variety.. a friend may have some 128 Ibejihead RNs for trade.

Finally shot a match with my 3. I really need to go through this thread. I felt like I had trigger freeze due to the reset. I was expecting it sooner and not slacking out enough. Cost me an A class run on the classifier. What is the one best thing to improve reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally shot a match with my 3. I really need to go through this thread. I felt like I had trigger freeze due to the reset. I was expecting it sooner and not slacking out enough. Cost me an A class run on the classifier. What is the one best thing to improve reset?

T3 disco addresses this i believe.

"Freeze"? Never used that phrase.... details please. :)

"Freeze"? Never used that phrase.... details please. :)
not let off the trigger enough to reset and try to shoot again

I fitted a type 3 on my stock 2 and it didn't change the reset at all. I didn't measure but it still seem just as long. maybe I did something wrong when I fitted it. I just kept filing off the wedge until the trigger would reset in SA.

I fitted a type 3 on my stock 2 and it didn't change the reset at all. I didn't measure but it still seem just as long. maybe I did something wrong when I fitted it. I just kept filing off the wedge until the trigger would reset in SA.

Correct. Per CGW

"What does the CGW disco do? The disconnector only eliminates the trigger pre-travel in SA. It cannot change the SA reset distance, nor can it change the double action position of the trigger...............The primary benefit of the disco is the instant the trigger resets in SA, the disco STOPS the trigger at the precise moment of SA trigger reset, eliminating the SA pre-travel "slop" in the trigger."

Correct. Per CGW

"What does the CGW disco do? The disconnector only eliminates the trigger pre-travel in SA. It cannot change the SA reset distance, nor can it change the double action position of the trigger...............The primary benefit of the disco is the instant the trigger resets in SA, the disco STOPS the trigger at the precise moment of SA trigger reset, eliminating the SA pre-travel "slop" in the trigger."

Sorry I ment to say the sa pretravel. I spent 4 hours and a wasted diso for no improvement. I've come to realize maybe there's something other than the wedge that needs to be trimmed.