Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pimp My Stock III

I fitted a type 3 on my stock 2 and it didn't change the reset at all. I didn't measure but it still seem just as long. maybe I did something wrong when I fitted it. I just kept filing off the wedge until the trigger would reset in SA.

Correct. Per CGW

"What does the CGW disco do? The disconnector only eliminates the trigger pre-travel in SA. It cannot change the SA reset distance, nor can it change the double action position of the trigger...............The primary benefit of the disco is the instant the trigger resets in SA, the disco STOPS the trigger at the precise moment of SA trigger reset, eliminating the SA pre-travel "slop" in the trigger."

Sorry I ment to say the sa pretravel. I spent 4 hours and a wasted diso for no improvement. I've come to realize maybe there's something other than the wedge that needs to be trimmed.

Then you absolutely fit it wrong, when fit correctly it reduces the travel/SA takeup dramatically

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had OAL issues with their stock 3? It seems with most bullet types I can't go over 1.090. 1.10 with some. Has anyone throated the barrel? If so how or who?

I have noticed that Stock 2's require me to load almost .040" to .055" shorter than I load for my CZ75's.

I recommend getting a Manson reamer if you plan on going that route.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by himurax13

I've got my 3 worked out. CN shaped heads require 1.080. RN can run about 1.10-. I just had to back off the charge a grain to compensate the reduced length. Only problem I've seen is with dropped mags. A few had nose dives when I picked them up. So hopefully it won't happen during matches. I'm at 800rds so far. Time will tell.

I've got my 3 worked out. CN shaped heads require 1.080. RN can run about 1.10-. I just had to back off the charge a grain to compensate the reduced length. Only problem I've seen is with dropped mags. A few had nose dives when I picked them up. So hopefully it won't happen during matches. I'm at 800rds so far. Time will tell.

The nose dives are typically because of the mag hitting the ground. It is common with both CZ and Tanfo mags. I doubt it is because of the gun function.

• 4 weeks later...

I got another T3 disco to fit into my stock 2 but I cant seem to find the picture on here that shows where I have to grind on the top of it to allow for clearance on the sear housing. Can someone point me in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I attempt 2 to fit a disco to the Sock 2 has failed. How is it that I can fit one to a cz with no issues but my stock 2 has kicked my butt twice now. There has to be something that I'm missing. I filed the top of wing so It will install properly and then file the wedge until it resets as its supposed to. Although I keep having an issue where the hammer will not fall any further than just past the half cock but on occasion it will. I feel there is a part of the disco that I need to file down.

Do yall usually file the front side of the wing when fitting the disco to the stock 2? It's almost as if the sear isn't able to disengage because something is blocking it. I feel like im missing something pretty obvious and its making me mad that I have now invested 80 bucks trying to fit one. I've fitted 5 CZ's with no issues

Edited by vixty

Are you running the Titan Hammer?

I believe the T3s are super easy to fit with the Delta but need additional work for Titans.

I dont have mine in right now. Currently playing with the Dual wing, Titan, and working FPB.

I thought the delta was identical to the titan, except for the weight up top. No? How else do they differ? Trying to learn here, as a buddy will most likely be wanting T3's fitted to his titan hammer S2's!

Are you running the Titan Hammer?

I believe the T3s are super easy to fit with the Delta but need additional work for Titans.

I dont have mine in right now. Currently playing with the Dual wing, Titan, and working FPB.

I thought the delta was identical to the titan, except for the weight up top. No? How else do they differ? Trying to learn here, as a buddy will most likely be wanting T3's fitted to his titan hammer S2's!

I can only refute that because the Delta Hammer works with my fitted T3 and will not work with my Titan. I would take video of them both to prove it but I sold the Delta already.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot my S2 in it's first two matches last weekend, and at the bigger match I had two Tanfo afficionados on my squad. We all talked shop, and they seemed surprised that I was running a Henning Gen 4 firing pin. I asked why, and they said that it was very common, perhaps prevalent or even a vast majority of the time, that the Gen 4 would not be stopped by the firing pin safety plunger and that most are running a Henning Gen 3 pin to comply with the rules. This is something that I did not really remember reading about, and no one in these parts works on these guns professionally so it is something that I wouldn't have conversed about in person.

They told me I should test it, and so a few stages later I went to a safety area and tried it. At first the firing pin safety plunger did block the firing pin, but then a few pushes later the pin slipped right past. It appears that it gets blocked about 25% of the time.

This leads me to believe that an extended firing pin safety would fix it, since the tolerances are very close to being correctly matched. Where are the extended firing pin safeties being sourced from? My lackadaisical GoogleFu only brings up one option, Grauffel. Seems like there'd be other options. Or maybe I should just order a Gen 3 firing pin.

What say you?

There are so many variables with FPs, and fitted blocks. I can only speak to my experiences.

I have massive "hangs" with the various FP combinations I tried. These including Henning Gen IV and III. The only combination I got to work reliably was the Xtreme FP and an extended FPB that was fitted. Pretty much same combo in the Xtremes.

• 1 month later...