Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking for brass bag???

Husker95

I have a pretty big, basic range bag but am looking for a small, inexpensive bag for carrying a couple hundred rounds of ammo for short, informal range sessions when i dont need all that gear. I saw someone at the range years ago with a couple made of mesh, but havent been able to find their equivalent online anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Simple,

A purple and gold Crown Royal bag works great for brass empties. For loaded ammo I find that a cheap soft ice chest, the ones that hold a 6 pack of drinks, works good and is big enough for a couple hundred rounds of ammo and your magazines.

SCUBA stores have all sorts of mesh bags. Not usually super-cheap however.

I like Chuck's Shooters Connection shooter-gift brass bags a lot-- they're tough enough to hold loaded ammo and also rock as brass bags.

300lb, I just went to the www.brassbags.com website. That is exactly what I am looking for! Have you ordered from her before? Is this a good vendor? I always like to get a referral before ordering online.......Thanks.

300lb, I just went to the www.brassbags.com website. That is exactly what I am looking for! Have you ordered from her before? Is this a good vendor? I always like to get a referral before ordering online.......Thanks.

Haven't ordered from her, but she posts on the USPSA classifieds. She's been a USPSA member since '94, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Shooter Grrl. The Dillon border shift bag is an excellant choice. You can load it up ( I carried 1000 rounds of .40 in it for my son and I to the Florida open ) or you can put a couple of hundred rounds in it with mags, pasters, etc and make a quick practice session.

FWIW

dj

ditto on the boarder shift bag, but I also use a mesh bag with it, when its time to tumble, I pull the mesh bag out, dump the empties in the tumbler, put the bag back. it sure beats digging out the last few cases that are stuck in the folds.