Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production weight

Onepocket

No and no. Production gun weights are listed on the Production Approved Gun list. And App D4, 22.3 still states the following:

External plugs (such as Seattle Slug)

Remains in effect – external plugs which alter the grip profile or extend past the bottom of the grip are PROHIBITED.

Nope, the idea was floated at the last BOD meeting but nothing has been changed at this point:

Discussion of instituting a maximum weight of 52oz in Production division while maintaining all of the current modification rules of Production.

- AD’s will reach out to their constituency for feedback for further discussion at next meeting.
Link to Minutes : CLICK

I was actually not aware it was being considered. Even if it passes, the statement that they would maintain all current modification rules would still make a Seattle Slug illegal per D4 22.3.

My guess is it could be done by melting thin sheets of lead in there.

Another possibility would be figuring out a way to weigh down grip tape.

Could probably add significant weight to the mags somehow as well

Heck, you could make a metal casting of the lower receiver (frame) and really add some weight. Still, if you're weighed (or dumb enough to brag to fellow shooters) you're going to get caught. There's a purpose to the weight limit in Production.

Yeah, people are trying to figure out how to put 25 ounces of additional weight into a Glock 34.

It weighs 27 ounces in the box with magazine, so with a 52 ounce maximum, it's gonna take some engineering. Besides the obvious "fill up the backstrap with lead", I am thinking "Tungsten Guide Rod the same diameter as that giant hole on the front of a Gen4 with a custom recoil spring". 4.5" of tungsten that is the diameter of my pinky is gonna weigh something!!

(On a serious note, I don't get it. Some folks really LIKE the lighter guns. In 9mm, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Having shot both, I think that the biggest advantage the CZ/Stock II format has is their triggers, not a 45 ounce weight. It isn't like 130 PF ammo beats you up too much....)

I've been shooting my G34 in production with just the addition of a steel guide rod, and am really liking how it recoils and transitions with 130pf ammo. I picked up a RIA hi cap 40 with the full length dust cover last year. Shoots flat, but steers like a battle ship. I firmly believe there are diminishing returns with adding weight to a gun. CZ guys love them, though. Glad we don't all have to shoot the same gun.

Edited by OPENB

The jentra plug is legal. I have the email from USPSA hid in my email some where. I will look for it. And the birdshot only if the weight status changes. If I could change anything on my 34's it would be to relieve under the trigger guard. I'm tried if this Glock knuckle.

The jentra plug is legal. I have the email from USPSA hid in my email some where. I will look for it. And the birdshot only if the weight status changes. If I could change anything on my 34's it would be to relieve under the trigger guard. I'm tried if this Glock knuckle.

I have a similar email but it uses the word "may" in the phrase MAY NOT to justify it. and I find that sad.

I think a few glock guys would go crazy trying to make their guns heavier, until some guy shooting a standard glock wins a big match or two and points out how much faster his draws and transitions are with the lighter gun. Then everyone will jump on *that* bandwagon.

I think a few glock guys would go crazy trying to make their guns heavier, until some guy shooting a standard glock wins a big match or two and points out how much faster his draws and transitions are with the lighter gun. Then everyone will jump on *that* bandwagon.

didn't some guy with a GLOCK beat Eric G and his heavy Tanfoglio at the Pro Am this year?

didn't some guy with a GLOCK beat Eric G and his heavy Tanfoglio at the Pro Am this year?

Yes he did. With a flashlight filled with lead.

was he shooting minor (wimpy girly lack of recoil) or or major(manly powerful full recoil)?

At any rate, I think it's proven that flashlight guy is not a very good shooter, so the only explanation for his success must be a heavy flashlight on a plastic gun. Everyone jump on the bandwagon!

Edited by motosapiens