Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moonclip holders

JAB

HI every one, im trying to find out different ways there are to hold your moon clips. Could you guy tell me what kind of holders are out there. The ones im using know are the blade tech ones .

I use the GSI moon rack. If you get the 8-shot version it can be converted to 625 moons and back. It's a big slab of aluminum; magnets are involved, and it's got a nice gut guard for when you've had to many breakfast burritos.

I prefer it over the North Mountain style because it's very easy to plop moons onto it when you have an ammo-off-body start. Retention is also not an issue unless you go prone, and only a sadistic stage designer like me would require that.

I just recently was looking for a moon clip holder and based on recommendations here I went with North Mountain. I'm very pleased with the decision and will be using it for the first time in a match tomorrow. They even had one that worked with my "enhancement"!

Edited by 3gunnah

For off body ammo starts you can get stand off spacers for the posts. You put them over the post before loading and when you need them you can slide them up to hold the post out. Very fast. When not in use they just live at the bottom of the posts.

• 3 weeks later...