Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideas for enbloc clip holders?

I'm looking for ideas to carry half a dozen 8 round Garand enbloc clips for 3 gun. I'm going to try a couple M67 grenade pouches, but it's at best a short term solution. Anybody have anybody have experience with this?

Thanks,

B

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/03/30/modern-ammo-pouches-for-the-m1-garand/

http://olongapooutfitters.com/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=19

Not really designed for high-speed reloads, but better than using a generic pouch.

Use malice clips to secure to pals/molle webbing. For wearing on a regular belt, there are various 3rd party clips/belt loop attachments available.

Edited by flyfishdave

Depending on retention level needed a person could make some by folding some kydex in half. The u of kydex would slip between one row of rounds. Then use either bladetech, safariland or homemade, belt attachments.

Bob, Enblocs actually fit pretty securely in molle loops. You've probably seen the old pictures from WWII and Korea of an Enbloc hanging on a rifle sling with the sling between the two rows of rounds- I did the same thing with a molle leg panel and they stay put. Just shove the Enbloc down over the molle loops.

I shot our annual rifle match with an M1 Garand when I first started shooting 3gun. I used a drop leg panel with molly on it, probably voodoo tactical. It worked pretty well. I think I did have one clip fall off while running or kneeling... can't remember which, but luckily I still had enough to finish the stage.

https://youtu.be/rbGmLM4f4Ec?list=PLBE56D9FDE935B589

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a stage from a Rockcastle club match. I'm pretty slow but it was the first time I tried the Garand. It was about the most fun I've had shooting 3 gun!

Rockcastle club match:

There was a guy in my squad at LaRue 3 years ago who wore a (reproduction) WWII rifleman's cartridge belt (with individual pouches for each clip) as a chest rig. Seemed to work reasonably well for him.

I found that the surplus grenade pouches can hold 3 enblocs. I used 2, one forward and one aft of my holster. Worked OK, but even better when I flipped the flap over and behind the belt. Just using the molle webbing may be even better, but I worry about them falling off, because I'm such an athlete and fleet of foot you know. There is no way I'll be competitive with a Garand, but sometimes it's just more satisfying to have the most fun. That said, I still want to increase my speed reloading. I'll come up with something. Too bad the guys that know how to load it fast are about all gone.