Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT vs Ck

sschultz

CKArms all the way. Matt Cheely is the C in CKarms and is a great guy to deal with that does what he promises in a timely manner.

I agree 100%.

I want to go on record here and now by saying this thread will be locked before the weekend is over. I just have that feeling in my gut. :ph34r:

CKArms all the way. Matt Cheely is the C in CKarms and is a great guy to deal with that does what he promises in a timely manner.

I agree 100%.

I want to go on record here and now by saying this thread will be locked before the weekend is over. I just have that feeling in my gut. :ph34r:

Is that because of the K in CK? HeHe

I agree 100%.

Is that because of the K in CK? HeHe

And so it begins.

Don't know what the "k" comment means for sure. The problem will be when guys start talking about long wait times or poor customer service from one and not the other.

Don't know what the "k" comment means for sure. The problem will be when guys start talking about long wait times or poor customer service from one and not the other.

If someone explains it to you the thread will probably been locked.

PT frames have been worth the wait for me.

If someone explains it to you the thread will probably been locked.

PT frames have been worth the wait for me.

There is always PM's! I am pretty familiar with C, K, and PT.

Not sure about PT but went on CKarms and seen that they say if you use the Aluminum grip for major PF then it voids all warranty.

I still have not figured that part of the puzzle out completely. Matt mentioned aluminum grip for my open gun build.

Not sure about PT but went on CKarms and seen that they say if you use the Aluminum grip for major PF then it voids all warranty.

I still have not figured that part of the puzzle out completely. Matt mentioned aluminum grip for my open gun build.

Do you see the same muzzle flip on a comp'd open gun that you do with a 40 major limited gun? Probably has something to do with the force of the muzzle rise and how it affects the grip area just under the trigger guard. Isn't that where all the STI aluminum grips were cracking?

I don't have any experience with CK. I have a PT grip and frame. Its a great product. They were great to deal with customer service wise. I have spoken with PT at matches and what not and they seem genuinely nice in person. I may use CK in the future if I ever get another gun, we'll have to wait and see.

Do you see the same muzzle flip on a comp'd open gun that you do with a 40 major limited gun? Probably has something to do with the force of the muzzle rise and how it affects the grip area just under the trigger guard. Isn't that where all the STI aluminum grips were cracking?

agreed. But the website does in fact say they are only for minor PF guns.

Sounds like you were getting the HOOK up

With PT, Aluminum, Stainless, or Titanium are all good to go with major PF. It is your choice of weight, feel, and price.

• 8 months later...

With PT, Aluminum, Stainless, or Titanium are all good to go with major PF. It is your choice of weight, feel, and price.

Thanks for posting this. I like the PT aluminum grips, especially since they're made 20min from my house. I called and asked about the warranty (but didn't think to ask about major/minor PF) and was told that unmodified grips have a lifetime warranty, with the option for replacement, or change to steel for only the difference in cost.