Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nowind0

I know this has probably been beat to death, but have not paid much attention until now.

I am taking delivery on my first 2011 and I need some advice on which magazine tubes, basepads, followers, springs and magwell to purchase.

This is for a 9mm. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike H.

I know this has probably been beat to death, but have not paid much attention until now.

I am taking delivery on my first 2011 and I need some advice on which magazine tubes, basepads, followers, springs and magwell to purchase.

This is for a 9mm. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike H.

Finding the answers to those questions on this forum is half of the fun!! I would say search and read because you will get a lot of opinions.

But assuming you got an STI 2011, I would use Grams Engineering springs and followers with Taran Tactical Base pads. Ditch the recoil master for a FLGR and Sprinco 10# recoil spring and get a Dawson ICE mag well.

I normally would agree with the above response, and using those parts will get you some nice mags. I have to recommend the new MBX extreme mags though. They give you as much capacity as a tuned old style SV mag (which you would have to track down used) for less money in the end. The 9mm 140mm mag I just purchased from MBX holes 24 rounds, drops free from my STI, and functions perfectly.

I normally would agree with the above response, and using those parts will get you some nice mags. I have to recommend the new MBX extreme mags though. They give you as much capacity as a tuned old style SV mag (which you would have to track down used) for less money in the end. The 9mm 140mm mag I just purchased from MBX holes 24 rounds, drops free from my STI, and functions perfectly.

That is probably great advice. I just have no personal experience with MBX.

unless you need a few extra rounds in your mags, see how the stock mags work for you. no use fixing what isn't broken.

This is good advice. I've owned my first STI 2011 for a year now. It has about 2000 rounds through it, all with factory STI mags. I've had ZERO malfunctions using factory STI mags.

Thanks for the heads up, going to try them out.

unless you need a few extra rounds in your mags, see how the stock mags work for you. no use fixing what isn't broken.

This is good advice. I've owned my first STI 2011 for a year now. It has about 2000 rounds through it, all with factory STI mags. I've had ZERO malfunctions using factory STI mags.

I have 4 140mm STI mags for my 2011, all work great even after being dropped in the dirt. However before I would buy bases, springs, followers etc for them I would try a MBX

When I originally bought my CRP Edge from Dawson, I also had started the process of having a custom Limited gun being built and knew it would be a fairly long build time. But I had done enough research before the purchase of both guns to come to the conclusion that good tuned mags were important. So, I had purchased a 4 pack of the Brazos Supertuned mags. Those mags ran great for over two years in both guns, unitl last year towards the end of the season I started having some mag issues. I contacted Bob L., he said send them in. He corrected the issues, in which some were my fault using a different spring and follower that Bob doesn't recommend, corrected tube demensions and sent them back. About $100 total for shipping and new springs and followers. Mags are back to running as good as they did when new. Thats good CS!

I also have one of the new DVC Open guns on order, for this adventure to the darkside I have chosen to try the MBX mags. (I have the mags, they are nice. But I don't have the gun yet.)

Also note, back when I bought my Brazos mags, they were only $500 for the 4 pack, now I think they are $600.

Steve at Accuracy X said that it was going in the bluing tanks last Thursday. He has sent me photos of it assembled in the white and disassembled in the bluing basket. So I would say within a week or so.

I have been hearing some damn good things about MBX mags, I already have 2 STI mags tuned with TTI parts. But everyone is saying try the MBX. I might have to breakdown and buy a pair. I also have a DVC limited in 9mm on order.