Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Trigger Weight Contest

Malarkey

1) AccuShadow from CZ Custom. DA 5.5lbs/SA 2.25lbs. Competition trigger job from CZC, but added the 8.5 lb hammer spring and trigger return spring from Cajun.

2) Shadow target. DA 6lbs/SA 2.25 lbs. Trigger job by Cajun Gun Works, with its trigger return spring, 8.5lb hammer spring.

Both guns require Federal primers for reliable ignition.

Does it require the federal match grade primers or do the standard blue box primers work?

Yeah, the regular old Federal primers are fine.

My lowest was 4.25#DA, 1.5#SA- lots of polishing, 8.5# Cajun main spring, CZC TRS

Best balance of smoothness and return for me is 5.5# DA, 2# SA, lots of polishing, CZC 13# tweaked, CZC TRS.

My lowest was 4.25#DA, 1.5#SA- lots of polishing, 8.5# Cajun main spring, CZC TRS

Best balance of smoothness and return for me is 5.5# DA, 2# SA, lots of polishing, CZC 13# tweaked, CZC TRS.

That must be the gun you did for me. Lol. That's about what it was when I got it from you and it has ran like a beast. Great work Stuart. Thanks. I did put the 13# hammer spring with the 2 coils cut back in it as well.

CZC SP01 Shadow: 4.12# DA, 2.25# SA with CGW 8.5# spring & 5.25# DA, 2.25# SA with CGW 11.5 spring.

The 8.5# spring definitely does not work without Federal primers. Currently I have a mixed bag of primers so I am using the 11.5# spring. Im not sure if the reduction of 1# DA is worth the reliability.

I have been thinking of trying to reduce the SA pull; not because it needs it, but because I own a trigger pull scale and the .25# ignites my itch to tinker with it.

Any recommendations on a trigger pull gauge? Just got all my CGW mods on my SP-01 and i want to give this thing a test run. I am thinking 2.5-3lbs SA 5.5DA but my ego needs a more scientific measure.

SP-01 Shadow 4lbs DA, 1lbs 12.1oz SA. Trigger done by David at Cajun Gunworks and CGW TRS and 8.5# hammer spring and FrogLube. FrogLube dropped the DA 8oz and SA 5oz. Federals only. I have since moved back to the 13# hammer spring. with 6lbs 11.5oz DA, 2lbs 3.9oz SA. I got tired of crunching federal primers in my Dillion 550B. I now use S&B primers which I have almost no issues loading and like the much lower cost. I also had issues with bump firing, the pistol sounded like it went fully auto. I do not have that problem with the 13# hammer spring.

Any recommendations on a trigger pull gauge? Just got all my CGW mods on my SP-01 and i want to give this thing a test run. I am thinking 2.5-3lbs SA 5.5DA but my ego needs a more scientific measure.

I use the Lyman digital guage. It has been an invaluable tool that I have used many, many times over the years.

SP-01 Shadow 4lbs DA, 1lbs 12.1oz SA. Trigger done by David at Cajun Gunworks and CGW TRS and 8.5# hammer spring and FrogLube. FrogLube dropped the DA 8oz and SA 5oz. Federals only. I have since moved back to the 13# hammer spring. with 6lbs 11.5oz DA, 2lbs 3.9oz SA. I got tired of crunching federal primers in my Dillion 550B. I now use S&B primers which I have almost no issues loading and like the much lower cost. I also had issues with bump firing, the pistol sounded like it went fully auto. I do not have that problem with the 13# hammer spring.

Well I am thinking either your hammer hooks are too short or you are getting too much of that frog lube junk on your sear/hammer.

I moved away from the 8.5 lb spring because I honestly felt it was too light. I think the 11.5# spring with the extended firing pin is the best comprimise of lightness and reliability.

Edited by himurax13

Malarky, I feel your pain; here in the peoples republic of California we also have to wait long times from order to have it in hand.

my lowly CZ75B-SA does not have a double action trigger; single action is 3.75# exactly what I ordered.

but I don't remember who did it; cz custom or cajungunworks??

spring is coming, cheers

max

I had frog lube in mine until i talked to dave at CGW about it and its effects in cold weather performance. Now its Mobil 1

I had frog lube in mine until i talked to dave at CGW about it and its effects in cold weather performance. Now its Mobil 1

David mentioned the samething to me but it worked fine in 5 degree weather for the match our club did this winter. It looked like green snot was ozzing off the rails but it work.