Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing spray paint

shel6977

I can't be the only one that's had this issue so I thought I would ask. I have a pair Oakley shooting glasses with g30 lenses and I have some over spray from the wind when painting steel. How do you get this off without scratching the lenses? Goo be gone with a microfiber towel?

I can't be the only one that's had this issue so I thought I would ask. I have a pair Oakley shooting glasses with g30 lenses and I have some over spray from the wind when painting steel. How do you get this off without scratching the lenses? Goo be gone with a microfiber towel?

paint thinner on a lens cloth.

Once upon a time my Oakleys were in an apartment while it was being painted. The painters used sprayers, and everything ended up with a fine mist of paint dots. The Oakleys were the only things that had no damage, as the paint came off with a fingernail. Most paint, like latex interior house paint, comes right off smooth plastic.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Try a pencil eraser.

NOT ON PLASTIC OR POLY LENSES!! On glass, that works most of the time, but NEVER on anything like shooting lenses in Oakley G30s!

Also don't use thinner that has acetone in it, Denatured alcohol works OK but nothing stronger, as it will destroy the lenses.

Alan~^~