Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA/USPSA mods for P-09 ?

goosedowner

On mine that I set up. I did sights, CZ hammer, xp sear spring, light mainspring, ext firiing pin, light FP spring, rear sight and FO front sight, 11# recoil spring. I had the short reset in, then took it out as I did not see much benefit from it.

On mine that I set up. I did sights, CZ hammer, xp sear spring, light mainspring, ext firiing pin, light FP spring, rear sight and FO front sight, 11# recoil spring. I had the short reset in, then took it out as I did not see much benefit from it.

Is the cz hammer production legal?

Is the cz hammer production legal?

Factory part

Why would you need a xtra power sear spring?

on the P-series guns, when the engagement surface gets shorter, the spring helps hold sear on the hammer and keeps it from coming off under recoil, etc.

I did the following:

CGW reduced power return spring

CGW SRS (includes extended firing pin and reduced FP spring and mainspring)

CZC competition hammer

CZC Tac rear sight with 5.5mm FO front sight (shooting a bit high, 6mm front sight would have been perfect. Not enough to be worth fixing a this point though).

I'm pretty happy with the gun as it sits, and I'm a bit of a trigger snob. It's too bad the CGW hammer isn't production legal though. The CZC hammer is good, but the CGW was much more crisp IMO.

I did the following:

CZC competition hammer

CZC Tac rear sight with 5.5mm FO front sight (shooting a bit high, 6mm front sight would have been perfect. Not enough to be worth fixing a this point though).

I'm pretty happy with the gun as it sits, and I'm a bit of a trigger snob. It's too bad the CGW hammer isn't production legal though. The CZC hammer is good, but the CGW was much more crisp IMO.

Did your CZC hammer work with the SRS kit from CGW?

Ive heard that the kit is not compatible with the hammer.

I did the following:

CZC competition hammer

it needs some fitting on the disconnector.

Yes, mine was a drop in fit. I think it's luck of the draw from pistol to pistol as I've heard both accounts of it working and not working. Mine is very close the trigger bottoming out against the frame when the hammer is released in DA. The CZC hammer starts the sear in a higher position than stock and even higher when it clears the hammer hooks, moving the break farther back in the trigger pull effectively. The CGW lifter geometry also does the same to an extent from what I can tell since the nub the trigger bar pushes on is thinner and farther back. The two together moves SA break back in the trigger pull far enough that you might run out of trigger travel to drop the hammer.

The higher sear starting position on the CZC hammer also means the safety won't work (at least on mine). The sear starts in a position the safety would be preventing it from going when engaged.

Edited by reshp1

it needs some fitting on the disconnector.

Can you please elaborate on this? Is this for DA or SA pre-travel? Mine seems to work fine but maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot. As far as I can tell the only difference between the CGW disco and the stock one is the stock one is thinner in the "hook" section which allows the trigger to return farther forward in SA and therefore has more pre-travel.