Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW MATCH GRADE COATED BULLETS

bowenbuilt

I am not as good of a shooter as bowenbuilt but here is my result.

8" paper dishes

20yrds

Rested on bench

200gr bullets

10 shots ea

Right: ACME

Left: a competitor

post-39840-0-90903600-1433690760_thumb.j

Edited by jaep1911

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not as good of a shooter as bowenbuilt but here is my result.

8" paper dishes

20yrds

Rested on bench

200gr bullets

10 shots ea

Right: ACME

Left: a competitor

That right plate looks like A Zones to me. Looks like you found the same difference I did when doing comparisons. Either way nice groups for 20 yards.

Edited by bowenbuilt

Y'all got my attention! I put in an order today for testing: 9mm in 124 & 147 and 40 in 180 and 200. I've only shot 115 in 9 and 180's in 40.never shot the heavier 9's or the 200's before and am looking forward it. The powder I have on hand is WSF for pistol and H335 for rifle. I'm new to reloading and it will be 3-4 weeks until I can get around to brewing up the batches, but will let you know what I think afterwards. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Our local shop here in WI sells lots of the Acme lead bullets, but will be getting these in stock in the next few weeks. Im interested in 9mm as well. Supposedly these will be triple coated with HiTek. Price looks about right, right around the same their regular lead bullets.

What am I missing?

2500 124gr RN from Acme = 197.75 incl. shipping or 7.91c/rd.

A case of 3500 124gr RN from Bayou runs $246 shipped, or 7.02c/rd

A case of 3700 SNS 125r RN runs $261 shipped, or 7.05c/rd

A case of 3500 124gr CN from BBI runs $235 shipped or 6.71c/rd

A case of 3600 (non Hi-Tek, but decent coating) 125gr RN Blue Bullets runs $256 shipped, or 7.11c/rd

We can also get Xtreme 124gr RN for 8c/rd before sales.

What makes the 'magic' to price a new, yet another Hi-Tek coated bullet, with quality established and known competition out there, 1c higher/rd even with discount code?

Always happy to see a new business, but not when they're not price-competitive.

3350 Black and Blue Bullets 125g coated for $218 shipped or .065c/rd (not counting a 5% at 5000 rds or 10% at 10000 rd discount AND an additional 10% last Black Friday)

Edited by aceinyerface

For slightly more per round it's worth getting 500 just to compare the coating and accuracy. If they turn out to be better, then they are worth the slightly higher price.

Agreed. I am into reducing the stacked error.

I received 2500 147. They shoot just as well as any coated 147. I like the fact they did not have a grease ring and they were semi FP.

I would make one comment to the owner of ACME...... The boxes are cool in a retail enviornment, but I'd rather have more bullets or the cost reduced. Those boxes have to add to the cost. Cool looking, but of no use to me. You could get more bullets in a USPS flat rate box without the wood.... :cheers:

I do like the BENOS discount !!!!

I received 2500 147. They shoot just as well as any coated 147. I like the fact they did not have a grease ring and they were semi FP.

I would make one comment to the owner of ACME...... The boxes are cool in a retail enviornment, but I'd rather have more bullets or the cost reduced. Those boxes have to add to the cost. Cool looking, but of no use to me. You could get more bullets in a USPS flat rate box without the wood.... :cheers:

So you don't see any improvement in accuracy or anything else over other coated bullets? What is your load? What gun are you using to test them?

So you don't see any improvement in accuracy or anything else over other coated bullets? What is your load? What gun are you using to test them?

I am using SP01 ACCU Shadow. Loading N310. I'm not comparing for bullseye accuracy. I'm just comparing the accuracy I need for USPSA. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy with the bullets. I got very little smoke, the barrel wiped clean after 500 or so and accuracy was very good.

Ordered 2500 147gr 9mm this AM. Ill put them together, and maybe get out and shoot a few this weekend.

Same here. Let us know how they shoot for you also.

They will be here this afternoon. The benefits of only living 90 minutes from Acme.

I was thinking pretty much the same load as I run for MBC 147's. 3gr of Titegroup works well for those. Ill probably load a couple hundred at that, then 10 each of 2.9, 3.1, 3.2 just to see if there is any improvements that can be made to my crappy shooting ability. :)

I am using SP01 ACCU Shadow. Loading N310. I'm not comparing for bullseye accuracy. I'm just comparing the accuracy I need for USPSA. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy with the bullets. I got very little smoke, the barrel wiped clean after 500 or so and accuracy was very good.

Thanks! I am also shooting an Accu Shadow using N320. The other bullets I have are pretty accurate but if these prove any better, than why not go with them. They seem a little cheaper than others so far for the 147s so I never mind saving some money :)

I finally got around to shooting my 180gr I purchased a while back. Trial by fire I guess; jumped right into steel/little intro to USPSA with them and that was it. Was pretty happy with them behind some Titegroup, even though I only shoot maybe 60 of them in my couple stages.

I agree with you totally on the boxes. And I feel guilty if I just throw them away so they just sit. I know I could put stuff in them but I'm not sure what. And they are actually kind of a pain in the ass to keep opening and closing.

Received my order of the 124 9mm from acme. Loaded up 20 each with 231 and titegroup. The groups with 231 were phenomenal. Titegroup was pretty good but not as tight. Chronod the other 10 rounds. It will be interesting to see what the numbers say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've loaded and shot over 300 rds of Acme 45acp 230 gr.I use 4.5 gr of N320. I get consistent 168 PF. AVG 730 FPS and a S/D of 15. Clean and super accurate. It's as good as any of the Hornady FMJ RN that I used. I made a nice med kit from the wooden box to take with me to matches. The red is kinda weird looking though.

Red is not my favorite color. I prefer blue and have had some success with the blue bullets recently. I'm going to do more testing between the two and go with the better bullet. I'll live with the red if I get the accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ferg34

Loaded some 9mm 147's up at 3, 3.1, 3.2gr of TiteGroup. Accuracy was nothing astounding, slightly better than the MBC 147's I was buying. Bench shot my M&P 9mm Pro 5". Best group was around 3" with 3.1gr at 17 yards. Offhand Im around 5-6". Once again, not perfect, but acceptable for me. Likely a better barrel would produce better accuracy.

Im happy with them. The quality is higher, no casting lines, coating is super slick and more consistent. While loading I was able to take a little of the bell out of my expander, because the coating is less bulky.

Just came back from testing the new 200 grain .40 bullets. While I was attempting to shoot this group it started raining. Gun and myself got soaked but I managed to get the group finished. It may have been the rain or I may have to adjust my sights to center the group up, I will have to try it again in better weather. This was with 4.2 of ETR-7 loaded to 1.140 OAL. This is a very soft shooting combination in my G24. This is a full magazine, 18 rounds.

acme%20test%20200%20.40%20%2025.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

Just came back from testing the new 200 grain .40 bullets. While I was attempting to shoot this group it started raining. Gun and myself got soaked but I managed to get the group finished. It may have been the rain or I may have to adjust my sights to center the group up, I will have to try it again in better weather. This was with 4.2 of ETR-7 loaded to 1.140 OAL. This is a very soft shooting combination in my G24. This is a full magazine, 18 rounds.

acme%20test%20200%20.40%20%2025.jpg

It is a shame those bullets do not come with YOUR precision :(