Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best CZ for production.

Onepocket

CZ Customs Accu Shadow

or

CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Custom 2014 BLACK 9mm

OR

Cajun Gunworks (CGW) ProGrade SP-01 Shadow

Everyone will have their own opinions. After researching for several months, those are the ones that come up the most.

Edited by Roons

if it were me and it was for USPSA I'd buy the CGW pro package Shadow ($1375) and then send it to CZC for an accu bushing upgrade so it'll basically be an accu shadow with the nice CGW sear and disco in it.

Second option would be a CZC or mink accu-shadow.

if it were me and it was for USPSA I'd buy the CGW pro package Shadow ($1375) and then send it to CZC for an accu bushing upgrade so it'll basically be an accu shadow with the nice CGW sear and disco in it.

If it were for USPSA Production Division, would adding the accu bushing be an allowable modification? It's my understanding that you can buy an AccuShadow for Prod Div, but not create from from an existing Shadow.

If it were for USPSA Production Division, would adding the accu bushing be an allowable modification? It's my understanding that you can buy an AccuShadow for Prod Div, but not create from from an existing Shadow.

Cannot add the Accu bushing afterwards.

What makes the CGW sear better?

Lighter, cleaner, sharper trigger break. It's a much higher quality sear over the stock sear.

Love adjustable sights.

My main gun is an Accu Shadow with LPA sights.

Backup gun is a Shadow Target with internal work done by CGW.

I give a slight edge to the CZC gun. But they are very close. Close enough that if I'm not paying close enough attention, I can't tell which one I've picked up.

that's true. sadly even though really the accu is a bitsa gun made from a regular shadow that is then accu'd you cannot send your own shadow to be accu'd and call it an accu. confused? I am. Would anyone ever know? you would and it may weigh on your conscience as a 'cheater' but is a gun that later got accu'd really at an advantage to one that was sold that way?

If you wanted to be 100% kosher you could buy the accu then send it to CGW and have all their bits added but it's a bit of a waste doing it that way as the CZC gear in it is nice too.

CGW sear is very nicely made and better material. It's also adjustable so very easy to fit to the safety without grinding anything. Same with the disco. It's oversize so can be fitted for the least amount of pre-travel and shortest reset. It's also made of the same high quality steel.