Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 2011 Magazines

Metallurgist

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes! I went to order 1 140mm .40 mag, and the cheapest shipping option was $20.

I think I'll wait to order one.

Ya it seems a little high. But does come UPS and if you do order multiple mags the shipping does not go up. Atleast mine didn't

Yikes! I went to order 1 140mm .40 mag, and the cheapest shipping option was $20.

I think I'll wait to order one.

Ya it seems a little high. But does come UPS and if you do order multiple mags the shipping does not go up. Atleast mine didn't

It is an expensive item and insurance adds to it

Does anyone know how to reach Adrian through another method besides his email listed on the website? I have been trying to reach him about becoming a dealer and selling these mags. No luck so far.

Magman7466 is his user name here. Try and send him a PM. may be able to try Facebook also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one of the big sticks in today. It came with a spare magazine spring, which I found nice, which makes it a good value compared to SVI mags I was using previously.

My first go I was able to fit 29 just using my thumbs. But using his method, and my Uplula I was able to hit 30 rounds the second time around. It isn't quite reloadable yet, but I only really would use the big stick for starts, I prefer limited length mags for reloads.

I like the 29/30 round witness hole, I would've liked to have seen a 10 round witness hole for pro-am.

So a 140mm will be on my purchase list. 54 rounds is more than enough for a normal match that follows the 32 round limit.

Edited by PPGMD

I got one of the big sticks in today. It came with a spare magazine spring, which I found nice, which makes it a good value compared to SVI mags I was using previously.

My first go I was able to fit 29 just using my thumbs. But using his method, and my Uplula I was able to hit 30 rounds the second time around. It isn't quite reloadable yet, but I only really would use the big stick for starts, I prefer limited length mags for reloads.

I like the 29/30 round witness hole, I would've liked to have seen a 10 round witness hole for pro-am.

So a 140mm will be on my purchase list. 54 rounds is more than enough for a normal match that follows the 32 round limit.

The 140's do have a 10 round witness hole

The 140's do have a 10 round witness hole

I know. But due to costs buying enough 140s for a once yearly match isn't cost effective. It isn't a killer feature, but a would be nice one.

The true test is tomorrow when I take it to the range.

Well, I ordered a few. I'm a Production shooter so don't shoot Limited much, but thought that these would be great to have in my range bag on the few occasions that I may shoot my Edge this year. Anxious to try them out next time I'm at the range.

Just ran mine for an entire match. 170mm 30+1 super comp starting mag. 29 reloadable all day long. No feeding issues what so ever.

I'll say it again about how impressed I am with the function of these.

Had my first malfunction with the MBX 170 mag. Not sure if it's the mag, gun, or ammo but my bet is ammo. It was during practice before the match this past weekend and at around the 12th round fired, I got a jam. The round had went straight up to the top of the chamber and the slide hit it and held it in place. The case was just leaving the feed lips and looked like it didn't completely clear it. At this point in the travel, it seems it should have popped out from the mag and started it's linear path into the chamber. I finished the rest of the mag and shot a few more mags full before I left without incident. I checked the extractor (just replaced about 3K ago) and all the other springs are somewhat new. I was reluctant to shoot it in the match but oh well, did it any way. Only used it on 2 of 6 stages and it functioned flawlessly. I'm chalking it up to a bad round but I have never see that from this pistol (shot over 12K through it). I have two of the MBX 140s and they ran flawless also.

I got a couple for testing over the weekend and my first impressions are very good. They look to be very well made. I am amazed at how thin the follower is. I am looking forward to some range time with them this week.

I am amazed at how thin the follower is.

Does it look like it will flip? The TTI's did that occasionally on mine and the spring had to be tweaked a bit.

I haven't had any issues with it flipping at all. It's wider at the back to prevent that. I had the same issue with the TTI followers. No issues with the MBX ones though. I did find one that was slightly tilted also but a little tweak with a needle nose pliers fixed it.

Sounds like some pretty good reviews on the MBX magazines. I hope to see more reviews from fellow shooters. My DVC will come with 2 factory mags, I need another mag to round out for competition. The dilemma I have is just buy another factory STI mag, or buy a tuned mag.

Sounds like some pretty good reviews on the MBX magazines. I hope to see more reviews from fellow shooters. My DVC will come with 2 factory mags, I need another mag to round out for competition. The dilemma I have is just buy another factory STI mag, or buy a tuned mag.

Congrats on the DVC for sure. Hope mine will come in soon also.

My opinion, get one of the MBX mags. If you buy a factory mag, you're just going to changet he internals and base pad anyway. You'll spend $135 on it so why not just go ahead and get a tuned mag that will hold the max rounds and will run flawless right out of the box. Just my 2 cents.

Go with the MBX mag, you won't regret it.

I received my first .40 140mm MBX magazine today. I am happy with the quality. I loaded it up with 21 rounds, but it was difficult to get it in my Edge. I am going to leave it loaded for a couple days and see if it looses the spring just enough. I don't think I will get it to be 21 rounds reloadable. I love the 10 round and 21 round witness holes but I would recommend adding a 20 round hole. Assuming it functions as well as I expect I will be ordering more. I do have a Para P16-40 Limited which I don't shoot often but I plan on trying the MBX Para mag when it is available.

Got a couple 140s and a 170 9mm the other day. 9mm did not drop free from my STI - others did. Some filing the mag catch fixed it was rubbing against the front of the mag. Ordered a posi-lock from DP, if it hangs on that I'll be back.

• 4 months later...