Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey from Central Florida

Tattude

Anyone in central Florida that competes and/or reloads?

Would love to post pics but not sure how to reduce size? Just picked up another JP rifle and put a LaRue mount and Vortex scope on her. Hoping to find some locals to shoot with.

Everybody ... :bow: :bow: :bow:

You have a great range in Mims - we used to shoot there

once a month, but they closed it down.

Most people in Titusville now shoot in Volusia - down on Rt 46.

They have a great range there (Dave Pruitt - GM, is The Guru

at Volusia - great shooter, teacher and gunsmith).

North of you is St Augustine and south of you is Orlando (Central

Florida R&P).

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Everybody ... :bow: :bow: :bow:

You have a great range in Mims - we used to shoot there

once a month, but they closed it down.

Most people in Titusville now shoot in Volusia - down on Rt 46.

They have a great range there (Dave Pruitt - GM, is The Guru

at Volusia - great shooter, teacher and gunsmith).

North of you is St Augustine and south of you is Orlando (Central

Florida R&P).

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

You forgot the WAC out west.

Welcome from Titusville. :)

Actually, the Titusville Rifle & Pistol club IS the club on SR 46, and it is still open. The Volusia County club is on 44 about halfway between Deland and New Smyrna. And the Palm Bay/Malabar club a little south of us is the most extensive facility in our area and has a legit 600-yard rifle range.

At the Titusville club, there's no USPSA or multi-gun, but we do host IDPA and Steel Challenge, as well as a number of other matches. In fact we've hosted Steel Challenge nationals the last two years in a row, and I'm pretty sure we're hosting again this year. The other three in the area -- Volusia, Malabar/Palm Bay, and Orlando host pretty much everything.

And, yes, I do reload. If you're looking for components, there's not much in the area. Our rifle club maintains a shop for members, but powder has been as thin there as everywhere else since the shortage hit. And a lot of people were accustomed to using Space Coast Bullets in Melbourne, but they've been thin on powder, as well. The Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond Beach has started carrying some reloading supplies, but they can't keep popular powders in stock. That said, if you're looking for firearms, it's the best gun store I've ever been to, and the next best one isn't even half as good.

Welcome aboard. :)

depending on what you'll looking for there areseveral places to choose from. hereat Port Malabar we have Steel Challenge, USPSA pistol, IDPA, SASS and sub gun. We have 3-gun as well but our largest bay is only about 37 yds across so we've developed a new fun target to challenge the rifle shooters but still enable others to shoot ... pistol only, 2 gun ,etc

also, US Steel Nationals have moved to Volusia this year ...

Edited by Nimitz

Thank you all for the welcoming comments and exceptional information. I really appreciate it... I've just been shooting at the Police Hall of Fame indoor range and the Titusville range off SR46. I'm actually going there tomorrow to break-in, adjust gas block and new rifle as well as sight in new optic. I also want to check out a new reload combo I'm working on...of course, that'll be after I sight in the scope with match ammo.

I'll bring a few pistols as well just to check out the new trigger job I had done.

Thanks again everyone. Hope to see y'all out at the range :-)

And, yes, I do reload. If you're looking for components, there's not much in the area. Our rifle club maintains a shop for members, but powder has been as thin

I've been buying online with some success but the hazardous materials charge of 28 bucks plus shipping does hurt the wallet. lol

Sure would love to find locally! Bass Pro had some in stock but didn't have any pistol powders, only rifle at the time.

Nimitz, I assume former Navy? I was stationed in Roosevelt Roads Puerto Rico from 1996-1998 and CVN-75 Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier from 1998-2000.

Edited by Tattude

ahhh ..... no, Air Force, 22 yrs active, 11 yrs & counting as a civilian .... Nimitz is a refrence to Admiral Nimitz by way of a treecat companion of Admiral Harrington of the Mantacorian space navy .... its a long story ... :)

also, US Steel Nationals have moved to Volusia this year ...

Wasn't aware of that. I see the Volusia calendar has it listed, but our calendar has it listed, as well, so I'll send an email to a few people and get our calendar sorted out. ;)

Welcome to the forum. Shoot over at Volusia, it's a great club. Steel match monthly that you would enjoy.

Never shot there. I've only shot in other states, Ocala, and the two Titusville ranges. The Titusville club off 46 is cheap and offers several bays/areas but I've heard lots of good things about Palm Bay and Volusia. Would love to check them out.

I want to test some new loads I'm making as we speak so I'm going to the Titusville range tomorrow. I'll be there around lunch time if anyone is off work. I never did dial in my new gas block so I'll be out there for at least a few hours.

Thanks again for the welcoming messages and great info.

see e y'all at the range...