Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 World Speed Shooting Championships (THE Steel Challenge)

danjordan78

Steel Challenge was the first discipline that got me into competing. It's a shame it doesn't get more attention as it's a great portal game and inexpensive if you shoot rim fire. To me it's an ideal skills builder and a super way of getting youngsters to the line where they can learn poise and focus perhaps before they try the more complex games.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this tidbit in the USPSA downrange email:

Shotgun side event at World Speed Shooting Championships

Remington Outdoor Company will again sponsor the Shotgun Event at the World Speed Shooting Championship/Steel Challenge. They will again be providing the VersaMax Tactical 12ga, as well as 10 cases of ammunition for the event. Look for more information on the World Speed Shooting Championships coming soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey....it looks like USPSA finally bucked up the $7 to renew the hosting and get the WSSC website back on line. But nothing has been updated and it still refers to the 2014 WSSC. It is really a shame what USPSA is doing (not doing) with SCSA. They really should be ashamed at this point. It's no wonder why the US Steel Nationals in Florida and the West Coast Steel Championship want nothing to do with SCSA anymore.

I feel that my comments and feelings about USPSA would probably get this thread closed and me an admonishment, so instead of actually leaving my true comments, I'm just here to leave behind this slightly ambiguous and borderline passive aggressive paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...

2 months away and still not a word from USPSA about Steel Challenge WSSC. It's not wonder they can't get anyone there. How can they expect people to make plans and arrangements without any kind of prior planning or notice?

Emailed a couple of people at USPSA headquarters to see if they know anything.

2 months away and still not a word from USPSA about Steel Challenge WSSC. It's not wonder they can't get anyone there. How can they expect people to make plans and arrangements without any kind of prior planning or notice?

Emailed a couple of people at USPSA headquarters to see if they know anything.

I was just thinking the same thing, I'll stop in there tomorrow and see what's up.

I have emailed several times. No reply the past few times. I have a shooting buddy who also has been emailing every email address he can find for anyone at HQ. The only reply he has received is from Troy, who stated he has no information about that match and should contact Phil (who of course was in the group email and hasn't yet replied). Hopefully whoever gets voted in as the next USPSA President actually does something with SCSA...if it isn't already too late. Complete ignorance to treat paying members the way they do. Every day they wait to make the announcement for WSSC the more and more expensive the flights, hotels, etc become. At this point I have all but written off going to the match. In all honesty there should be a boycott of the match just as a statement for how poorly USPSA is handling SCSA matters....especially the "World Championships". SMH.

They seem fairly clueless when it comes to what the clubs they "think" are holding SCSA matches are actually doing. I shoot at a couple of clubs, and contacted some others in surrounding states that are listed when using the search function on the site. Most are no longer shooting the SCSA stages, and most gave the same reasons why. When I contacted USPSA via email, right after renewing, and said that not many clubs in the area I was interested in were shooting SCSA matches, I got a reply explaining how to use the search function and saying that several clubs showed up. I replied that I had used the search function, and actually contacted the listed clubs already. I didn't get any further reply. I sent another message saying that I was very disappointed with the lack of support for SCSA, as well as lack of responses to a paid member, and that I had just renewed, but it would be the last time I sent them any money. I thought that might elicit some type of response, but it didn't.

I would think they should know by the lack of match reports from clubs that they aren't holding SCSA matches. I live in Washington, and apparently they are either unaware or just don't care what is going on, even in their own back yard.

Anyone know of any other matches going on the same weekend?. Doesn't matter where. If USPSA doesn't want my money I will spend it somewhere else. Have to make a trip down from alaska anyways so might as well shoot a match or two!

Stopped in this afternoon, and didn't get much info.

Was told the best thing to do was check back next week when the boss was back in the office and hopefully get some more answers.

Hahahahaha!!!

A "World Championship" supposedly in two months and no one knows anything about it other than the president. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Guess if they don't care any more about it than that I will find someplace else to go.

Bummer...

danjordan78, come on down to PA for our State Championship in September. We out sold the WSSC last year and had $25k and 11 guns on the random drawing prize table. This year we already have 18 guns and we are pretty sure we will pass the $25k mark. Cash payouts too.

We still report the matches to SCSA, even though they really have dropped the ball.

http://pasteelchallenge.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PASCSA/

Pretty funny....in a bad, sad way. I just went and checked out the WSSC website to see what had actually been updated. So someone made the effort to change the date in ONE place, everything else still refers to 2014. Glad whoever did the updates had the 3 spare seconds to change the date in one place. The way all of this is being handled is truly a disgrace.

This is pathetic. Match is supposedly in June. Website is finally updated to reflect that (I'm assuming it's correct on the date??) but when you click on the register button it takes you to a 2014 registration page. Really sucks what's happened since USPSA took this match over....

Pretty funny....in a bad, sad way. I just went and checked out the WSSC website to see what had actually been updated. So someone made the effort to change the date in ONE place, everything else still refers to 2014. Glad whoever did the updates had the 3 spare seconds to change the date in one place. The way all of this is being handled is truly a disgrace.

They actually changed it in two spots. I'm not sure how they managed to realize it was in more than one spot but forgot to look everywhere else. The other spot is the Remington side match listing.