Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us that ordered the new DVC limited gun, besides getting it and shooting it what modifications will you be making?

I will be adding an agressive textured PT grip that I ordered for my Edge and adding an SVI medium flat trigger. Probably new recoil spring as well.

Anyone else planning anything?

I'll be putting in a short trigger (probably STI - though I may look at an SVI trigger system). I'll also be putting on an extended mag release - probably the CR Speed one here if its in stock by then:

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-RHT-Snake-Skin-Mag-Release-Button-P1666.aspx

(If you can't tell by those mods I have small hands). Other than that I don't think I'll be making any other immediate changes.

Nice, there's not many changes that need to be made from the looks of it but that PT grip is already ordered and the SVI trigger will drop right in. Only thing I have to to now is sell my Edge.

how much are you selling your edge for?

For those of us that ordered the new DVC limited gun, besides getting it and shooting it what modifications will you be making?

I will be adding an agressive textured PT grip that I ordered for my Edge and adding an SVI medium flat trigger. Probably new recoil spring as well.

Anyone else planning anything?

I'll be putting in a short trigger (probably STI - though I may look at an SVI trigger system). I'll also be putting on an extended mag release - probably the CR Speed one here if its in stock by then:

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-RHT-Snake-Skin-Mag-Release-Button-P1666.aspx

(If you can't tell by those mods I have small hands). Other than that I don't think I'll be making any other immediate changes.

Nice, there's not many changes that need to be made from the looks of it but that PT grip is already ordered and the SVI trigger will drop right in. Only thing I have to to now is sell my Edge.

how much are you selling your edge for?
$1,800 with one mag. It's a Dawson CRP and it's been tuned by Dan Bedell. 2 lb trigger, Dawson tool less guide rod, Koenig hammer, all new EGW ignition system, STI medium flat trigger, stippled grip, undercut trigger guard, Wilson ambi safeties and less than 3000 rounds.

post-38661-0-04048000-1425130233_thumb.j

post-38661-0-23941700-1425130250_thumb.j

post-38661-0-67739600-1425130266_thumb.j

Edited by jargon51

After reading this thread, I am considering buying one in limited. Looking forward to feedback about the weight/recoil/cycle speed as it appears that STI has gone "all out." As we know, you can always take more off, but you can't put it back on.

I supposedly have Dawson's first .40 Limited reserved (ordered from Dawson on the 21st or 22nd I think), but all I have been told is that they ordered their first few from STI on the 14th of January and were told that they should expect around an 8 week delivery wait.

I was also told that they do rolling reorders, so as soon as their "in-stock" order of 2 guns for a particular SKU are sold, they auto-order 2 more. I am not sure if this was different given the high interest in the DVC, but maybe.

I would be happy to post when I hear anything about mine being received by Dawson or shipped to my FFL, hell I would be happy to hear anything, I am a bit too excited I think.

I supposedly have Dawson's first .40 Limited reserved (ordered from Dawson on the 21st or 22nd I think), but all I have been told is that they ordered their first few from STI on the 14th of January and were told that they should expect around an 8 week delivery wait.

I was also told that they do rolling reorders, so as soon as their "in-stock" order of 2 guns for a particular SKU are sold, they auto-order 2 more. I am not sure if this was different given the high interest in the DVC, but maybe.

I would be happy to post when I hear anything about mine being received by Dawson or shipped to my FFL, hell I would be happy to hear anything, I am a bit too excited I think.

I did the same thing and reserved a Limited in 9mm. I heard the same thing so hopefully I am in the top 45. I sold a couple of my Glocks and some other gear to purchase one. On another note, I wonder if the factory mags that ship with the DVC are factory tuned?

I did the same thing and reserved a Limited in 9mm. I heard the same thing so hopefully I am in the top 45. I sold a couple of my Glocks and some other gear to purchase one. On another note, I wonder if the factory mags that ship with the DVC are factory tuned?

I would love it if they were, but I have not heard anything to indicate that they are modified or tuned.

I would love it if they were, but I have not heard anything to indicate that they are modified or tuned.

I just hope they run flawlessly in competition lol

On another note, I wonder if the factory mags that ship with the DVC are factory tuned?

I've never heard of STI doing any tuning from the factory. My guess is if they had did this they'd be advertising it as it would be a major sales booster. Probably just standard 140mm mags (though that's a boon just unto itself - the Edge's all just came with 1 semi-useless 126mm mag).

On another note, I wonder if the factory mags that ship with the DVC are factory tuned?

I've never heard of STI doing any tuning from the factory. My guess is if they had did this they'd be advertising it as it would be a major sales booster. Probably just standard 140mm mags (though that's a boon just unto itself - the Edge's all just came with 1 semi-useless 126mm mag).

The 126 mags are not useless. Some shooters need them for different shooting sports. If your STI mags do not work they should be sent back. There should be no need to "tune" factory mags. Now if you are changing base pads, springs, and followers tuning may be needed...

Same here - I have 12 STI mags - Changed springs, followers and base pads - No tuning needed - They run great

Same here. I have 8 STI mags. Used a vice to size the tubes, polished inside and out, new followers, base pad, and springs. No tuning needed and they run fine.