Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Stock 2 - IDPA Legal

Butterpuc

I was reading another thread today and noticed one person mentioned that the EAA Witness Stock II was not IDPA Legal. This was one of the unicorns I had on my short list of pistols to purchase, I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. I know it is flirting with legal weight limit, but hopefully with lighter grips in my come within weight.

I think it would be a fantastic IDPA SSP, USPSA Prod, and USPSA Limited pistol to have, right?

Edited by Butterpuc

Its because is bull barrel

Yep, I see that now, I hadn't given that any thought. I still think I want it. :)

8.1.7.3. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing except as allowed in ESP and CDP
divisions with length restrictions

and a full dust cover

That shouldn't keep it out should it, at least not in SSP. I think the CZ 75 SP-01 is SSP Legal, which makes it ESP Legal.

I guess that should've been a question rather than a statement since I've never shot IDPA...

My title was meant to have a question mark in it... Oops

I'm thankful you responded, I have enjoyed reading many of your posts on the Tanfo line. I have never had the opportunity to shoot one, I have a friend that is going to loan me his Witness Elite Limited... I'm afraid I will love it to much and want a Stock 2 also.

I guess that should've been a question rather than a statement since I've never shot IDPA...

My title was meant to have a question mark in it... Oops

I'm thankful you responded, I have enjoyed reading many of your posts on the Tanfo line. I have never had the opportunity to shoot one, I have a friend that is going to loan me his Witness Elite Limited... I'm afraid I will love it to much and want a Stock 2 also.

I own both and love them, the Tanfos are great pistols

the limited pro is the best all around gun eaa sells. idpa,uspsa legal and feels virtually identical to the stock 2. very hard to come by in 9mm, but a .40 shoots very nice also, in minor loading.

I have seen one of these at an IDPA match once. He won the match, it looked very soft shooting. This is also a contender, but it just isn't as cool looking to me... does that make a bad person :) It probably is the best choice, since I jump around.

Get yourself a CZ Shadow ....be cool and play all games at once ;)

I have thought about a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow, for a long time. I don't have a lot of CZ/Tanfo knowledge, but isn't it a small frame compared to the Tanfo Limited Pro/Stock2/Elite Limited which are large frames? As far as SSP/Prod I can see it being very viable, but USPSA Limited mag capacity would suffer. Am I right?

Get yourself a CZ Shadow ....be cool and play all games at once ;)

I have thought about a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow, for a long time. I don't have a lot of CZ/Tanfo knowledge, but isn't it a small frame compared to the Tanfo Limited Pro/Stock2/Elite Limited which are large frames? As far as SSP/Prod I can see it being very viable, but USPSA Limited mag capacity would suffer. Am I right?

9mm capacity is the same between small and large frame CZ75 pattern pistols (23-24 in a 141.25mm mag), it's .40 where the large frame (or TS wide body small frame) shines (21 vs 15).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its because is bull barrel

Yep, I see that now, I hadn't given that any thought. I still think I want it. :)

8.1.7.3. Heavy and/or cone style barrels without a barrel bushing except as allowed in ESP and CDP

divisions with length restrictions

I downloaded the new IDPA rulebook today to have something to read on my plane trip, and noticed that this rule is no longer listed. So I'm thinking the Stock II is now legal for SSP?

Hmm, sure 'nuff. And if it is legal for SSP, it is automatically legal for ESP. Oops.

Correct, but doesn't it have to meet all other SSP requirements if used in ESP (ie. no ESP specific modifications)? If so, what does this gain you, other than being able to start cocked-n-locked, and classifying in ESP with the same gun as you classified in SSP?

Edited by BrazeauRacing