Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glocks for 2015

Bouboy02

I am happy about the long slide 10mm G40!

Now we just need someone to make a .40S&W conversion barrel for it as soon as possible and we can have the best of both worlds.

A 10mm power house for playing around with, hunting and possibly pin shooting, and a large frame Glock with longer sight radius that allows long loaded .40S&W and will fit in the IPSC Standard gun box.

It seems I need to start saving....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. A longslide 10mm is on my list. I had plans for a Lonewolf longslide for my G20, but now it looks like I'll be getting a G40 instead. The ability to easily add an optic is a bonus.

And add me to the waiting list for a single stack 9mm.

Was interested until I noticed Gen4

What does that mean?

It means he is a glock snob. A generational bigot. A middle age old fogey who can't let go of the 90's. Afraid of change. A polymer connoisseur. A believer in glock 'perfection'. He still buys CD s at the local best buy.

I know that there was a motion to add an additional USPSA Division for Production with Optics. Not sure where that potential change sits but the G34 with the red-dot would be an instant competitor.

It was rejected unanimously by the BOD, a huge mistake in my opinion. I'd like to think that this news may change some minds in the BOD, two of the largest gun makers in the world are now making Production Optics guns... Both companies are in the business to sell guns, they would not make these models if they did not think there was a market for them, if that market has potential for growth then I think that USPSA should be the place for competitors to use them.

Why would Glock skip G40 and make a G41, and now sell a G40?

The G40 was designed as a 10mm from the beginning and Glock chose to bring out the better selling .45 model first.

When the G41 came out last year I posted on another forum that the G40 would be a long slide 10mm.

The only Glocks that sell less than than the 10mm are the GAP models and the .357 SIG is not far behind.

An optic ready G41 would jump up quite a few spots on my "Gun Wants" list if they are to be released. My only concern from the released photos is Glock's apparent oversight to not include suppressor sights to allow for co-witnessing with the optic. It isn't a deal breaker however, because how many people actually keep the factory Glock sights? But, it still makes me wonder.

I just got a 42, so I'm not entirely disappointed on not seeing a single stack 9mm yet, I can wait, but I understand the want for one in the market.

An optic ready G41 would jump up quite a few spots on my "Gun Wants" list if they are to be released. My only concern from the released photos is Glock's apparent oversight to not include suppressor sights to allow for co-witnessing with the optic. It isn't a deal breaker however, because how many people actually keep the factory Glock sights? But, it still makes me wonder.

I'd be willing to bet that the moment these become available someone will have some aftermarket sights that perform that function.

September 14 : Minutes

That is too bad. I wholeheartedly believe that it should have been the membership who decided the faith of this possible new Division and not the BOD.

This was discussed ad nauseum. The minutes probably show a reference to the poll the bod took among the members which showed few in favor of prod optics

Am I the only one that is amused the Glock 40 is not a 40?

Actually, when I noticed the gap in sequence, I predicted that the Model 40 would be a .22 LR. Folks say that the G-22 is a 40. Having the 40 be a .22 would not be above the sense of humor of the Austrians.

Edited by Braxton1

This was discussed ad nauseum. The minutes probably show a reference to the poll the bod took among the members which showed few in favor of prod optics

There is no explanation in the minutes, I am not aware of any poll done by the BOD.

I posted a POLL to the USPSA forum (here) but only 97 people voted, the number of members on that forum is about 13% of our membership total, the 97 people that voted count for 0.4% of our total membership so I certainly hope the BOD did not base their decision on a 0.4% sample.