Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 "5th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

Total carrot and stick, "we have beer but don't crowd us" ...I like it.

Personally I have always advocated little to no previewing. If it were possible I would be in favor of every stage of every match being a complete surprise, with the only walk through topics directly before the buzzer being safety related. That way the people that can afford to take the extra day off work don't have a competitive advantage of an extra day of preparation and planning.

But then I *have* been accused of being a big meanie before...

Edited by barrysuperhawk

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you shooting the same flavor of ammo as me (and scrambling for it last minute), the Forest Lake gander mountain has a pretty good stash.

The local Walmart shelves are still empty since I cleaned them out last match.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

post-57636-0-94595700-1435006971_thumb.j

Edited by shnelson

Is there a practice range on site where we can shoot a few slugs and maybe pattern some buckshot? Friday before registration would be nice. :-)

Unfortunately no. All the areas where slugs and buckshot may be used are being used for stages.

If you really need to do so, there is a Bill's Gun Range in Circle Pines MN about 15 minutes south of the range that is open to the public.

Unfortunately no. All the areas where slugs and buckshot may be used are being used for stages.

I certainly can't complain about your priorities. :)

Will the trap and skeet ranges be open on Friday before registration?

I certainly can't complain about your priorities. :)

Will the trap and skeet ranges be open on Friday before registration?

Oh boy, I hate being the bearer of bad news.

The trap and skeet ranges will be closed as one stage is on that range and others are downrange.

Nah, no problem. I get to shoot your match this weekend, so how bad can the news be? :)

But I will give you one more chance to stick a dagger in me. Any chance the Benelli-mobile* is going to be on site? (Purely random question. This has nothing whatsoever to do with my thread on M2 shell catch issues, nothing at all...)

*I refer to the announcement earlier this season that Benelli would be sending a mobile support unit to a bunch of matches where people shoot Benellis a lot.

Nah, no problem. I get to shoot your match this weekend, so how bad can the news be? :)

But I will give you one more chance to stick a dagger in me. Any chance the Benelli-mobile* is going to be on site? (Purely random question. This has nothing whatsoever to do with my thread on M2 shell catch issues, nothing at all...)

*I refer to the announcement earlier this season that Benelli would be sending a mobile support unit to a bunch of matches where people shoot Benellis a lot.

Im brining my extra 24" Accurate Iron Benelli M2 race gun. Your welcome to shoot it if you like. Not sure what your shell catch issues are but I'd be happy to take a look at that too.

Im brining my extra 24" Accurate Iron Benelli M2 race gun. Your welcome to shoot it if you like. Not sure what your shell catch issues are but I'd be happy to take a look at that too.

Much appreciated, Jesse. It's my g/f's M2, and she seems to have a problem with a slightly worn shell catch, mostly not a huge problem but when we practiced for the match last weekend we got one horrible lockup because the carrier slipped past the end of the shell catch before the round was all the way out. I tweaked ("detuned") the catch a bit; that's why I was asking all the questions about where we can function test it when we get on site. I think we'll hit Bill's Gun Range before registration and, if it still has issues, I will look for you at the range!

OPEN SLOTS ANNOUNCEMENT: We've had a couple of last minute withdrawals from the match. If you or someone you know wants to shoot the match, send me an email at jomar.mn3gg@gmail.com as soon as possible. First come first serve.

The Ro's whooped up on setting stages today. My hat is off to anyone who volunteers to help with a match like this. I hope everyone has a safe match and safe travels to get here. We are looking forward to showing everyone a good time.

Edited by Brian Payne

MATCH IS FULL YET ONCE AGAIN!

To the folks who emailed in late and did not get in, we hope you make it in the match next year. Please remember to register as soon as it opens. This year's match filled within 17 minutes of opening and there was only a handful of withdrawals.

Jesse - Acqua is a nice place with great food. It's a little pricey, but not completely unreasonable. I believe outside seating is first come, first served, but reservations can be made for seating inside.

Thanks to Jay, Jomar, Brian and Ron and all the rest of the staff for a fun and challenging match!

I know it was a LOT of work!

JJ and I had a great time and squad 10 ROCKED! Hope Cami feels better and we really enjoyed shooting with all of you!

Thanks RO's! Thanks to the range!Thanks to the sponsors, especially Nordic!!!

Just Thanks!!!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick