Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fireworks

Butterpuc

Especially irresponsible adults and kids with fireworks. I love guns and things that go bang, when they are supposed to in a controlled explosion. I just don't feel safe around the fireworks sold at local fireworks stands. It's miracle my wife and I survived our childhoods.

I work in an animal shelter. If you knew how many animals ran away (and end up lost) from firework panic, you would want them outlawed.

Some years back I was able to corral a dog running loose after the 4th of July. He had run away from his home. Know how I found out where he came from? Followed the blood trail footprints back a couple of blocks. His idiot owners had left him outside and he had torn his way through the fence, shredding his feet.

Edited by bountyhunter

I work in an animal shelter. If you knew how many animals ran away (and end up lost) from firework panic, you would want them outlawed.

Some years back I was able to corral a dog running loose after the 4th of July. He had run away from his home. Know how I found out where he came from? Followed the blood trail footprints back a couple of blocks. His idiot owners had left him outside and he had torn his way through the fence, shredding his feet.

Our family dog is terrified of fireworks also. She will spend the evening either under our bed or behind the guest bathroom toilet on New Years Eve and 4th of July. Thank you for taking care of lost pets.

I have shot display firework shows for over 30 years. Ask my kids, if it does not come out of a mortar it is too small and dangerous. Sparklers are the worst most burn at 600 degrees and many over 1000.

Tom

I spent last night in the bathroom with my dog, when the fireworks go off, she crawls into the bathtub and stands there and shakes. Fireworks have been illegal for many years, unfortunately the legality/illegality is set by cities so the availability is widespread. (then there's the reservation firework stands). None of the fireworks laws are enforced. This time of year and Independence Day are my least favorite times of the year.

I live in The Netherlands and here it's legal to set off your firework at the 31th and only on that day.

But on that day, the whole country is full of assholes who throw firework at anything they see..........and today I heard that last night was "relatively quiet", which translates to 6 burnt down houses and a few people lost their eyes or hands because of the firework they used.

The majority of our citizens thinks it should be forbidden, or lit only by professionals..........but someone must be thinking that everything must stay this way?

The local economy must be thriving because this year many of the neighbors went bat sh** crazy with the fireworks.

A couple of them sounded like they were big enough to take down a building.

Put all three dogs in their crates in a back bedroom with each crate covered with moving blankets. Non-stop barking from about 10:30 PM until nearly 1:00 AM.

Happy New Year.

Bill