Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

availability of standard SP-01 shadow?

sinker77

Are we going to be able to buy a "standard" sp-01 shadow or only a custom or accu shadow? I would like a shadow but do not want to spend the extra $400+ for a custom version without first trying a regular shadow.

Do they not have to import shadows to make custom or accu shadows?

Is the demand so high for the custom guns there is no reason to sell them as stock?

I guess I should have bought a shadow rail when they were available even though they weren't marked the same as a SP-01.

Thanks to anyone that can give some insight

Custom comes with the trigger work (pretty sure that is around $300) may have a better hammer also. If you don't mind tinkering you can do the trigger work yourself.

I have a standard railed shadow and have put a new disconnector, hammer, and springs in it. Even if you bought the custom you would end up changing some of the parts, very good starter though.

Standard non shadow SP-01s are easier to get ahold of that a shadow. I would love to get my hands on a shadow that has not been tuned. SP-01s have been available on and off a couple times this year.

Interesting.

In Australia anything else apart from a Shadow is almost impossible to get.

We do get CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow, ditto Duotone, ditto Australia, ditto Orange (2012) tho.

I bought a stock SP-01 Shadow from CZ Custom about November 2013. Just after that, it disappeared from CZ-USA's online site for 2014, but didn't get moved to the discontinued section on their site. And I haven't seen anyone U.S. have stock since then until that batch of 'Shadow' roll marked SP-01 Shadows that CZ Custom just had.

My guess was that they all go to CZ Custom and Automatic Accuracy to get turned into custom builds or Accu-Shadows? Those would be the two places I'd start as far as looking for a new unmodified one, seeing if they'd let you get on a wait list or if any free up / extra from allocation for custom builds, assuming they get complete ones and not parts.

I never could find one new, all the ones I was seeing, which was rare, were all used. So I decided to buy a standard SP-01 and started upgrading the action and all the other personal preference type items, sights, grips, etc. The trigger turned out great by following the "professor atlas" guide. Even though it has the FPB I'm extremely happy on how much better it feels. It gave me a chance to really get know my new CZ. I have never done a CZ trigger job and I'm also really picky on the way a trigger feels, to me, the upgrade feels like it should have been more expensive than it really cost.

Look in the classifieds on here. Since I went CZ a month ago I think I have seen three or four shadows on here.

I dunno - I think I've seen one SP-01 Shadow that was stock / $800, and it sold in about 1/2 hour. The others are either some variant of Custom or Target or Accu-Shadow ($1300-1700+), or just plain CZ75 Shadow (short dust cover) which is great but not as desirable for USPSA vs long dustcover SP-01 Shadow. But could be I haven't been watching close enough.

you are correct, I remember seeing several shadows, some modified and some not. All but I think one were at least a fair deal, with some being a good deal.

Look in the classifieds on here. Since I went CZ a month ago I think I have seen three or four shadows on here.

I dunno - I think I've seen one SP-01 Shadow that was stock / $800, and it sold in about 1/2 hour. The others are either some variant of Custom or Target or Accu-Shadow ($1300-1700+), or just plain CZ75 Shadow (short dust cover) which is great but not as desirable for USPSA vs long dustcover SP-01 Shadow. But could be I haven't been watching close enough.

• 1 month later...