Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 or SP 01 Shadow

joepau1k

Welcome to the forum. Definitely get a Shadow. Its ready to go right out of the box. It comes with a nicer trigger, hammer, sights, grips, plus an extra mag. Check out the CZ section of the forum for a lot more advice and any other questions you may have.

Joe.

Both the 75 SHadow and the SP01 SHadow are really good shooters.

I think you would be happy with either choice. The controls are the same on each gun.

minor differences is the SP01 Shadow has two checkered patches on the front strap and the back strap. the magwell also has a sligtht bevel.

Overall the gun is slightly heavier by couple of ounces.

The 75 Shadow I can get into your hands quicker too.

• 2 months later...

I have a 75 Shadow and an SP-01 that has been cajunized. There is a little creep with the 75 Shadow's trigger. No creep with the cajunized SP-01. Both are excellent guns and differences are splitting hairs. Mostly, the SP-01 has a little less felt recoil. If you have both Shadows available to you and can only get one, I'd probably go with the SP-01 Shadow and then give it a little trigger TLC.

Sp-01 perfectly legal in idpa

It is if you don't mess with anything and it stays SSP legal. And that includes work by CZ Custom, even if you bought it that way. If you do anything that would bump it into ESP (milling for LPA sights, accu-bushing, SAO conversion, etc), it becomes illegal in any class due to the full length steel dust cover/rail.

Edited by reshp1

Sp-01 perfectly legal in idpa

It is if you don't mess with anything and it stays SSP legal. And that includes work by CZ Custom, even if you bought it that way. If you do anything that would bump it into ESP (milling for LPA sights, accu-bushing, SAO conversion, etc), it becomes illegal in any class due to the full length steel dust cover/rail.

Perfect reason to buy and shoot one!!!