Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions on muzzle device for 10" barrel

Robert King

I have a budget 10" upper. Nothing fancy about it but it functions very well and I really like it. I need to finish it off with a comp. Keeping with the theme, I want an inexpensive comp, not looking to spend the $80+ I am finding. Any suggestions on a low end that is good for the short barrel? I was told a $40 DPMS worked well, but it is out of stock.

I have this on my 10.5" gun. It is not as loud as my open pistol. Only $34.00

Basically a Noveske Flaming Pig copy. This is the slim version to fit under a troy rail.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OGNLEAC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Shadyscott999

I think It depends on what you want out out of it. If you want to throw some sound etc out the front and make it more pleasant to shoot specifically for the RO and people beside you the dpms linear levang, the KAK clone or the one scott posted which are basically copies of the pig work. If your wanting it to work like a comp and keep that muzzle down then there are other options out there. The Miculek does work very good on an SBR and yes it keeps the RO off your ass because it's stupid loud to the side (not bad behind the gun) but it keeps that gun flat. Another option is the TTO which is a comp but just under A2 flashider size. It's not quite as effective but it works pretty darn good(not like a true competition comp) and is small and light. It is also not as loud as the competition ones but not as flat either

If you hate your RO, or ever shoot through barrels, I would suggest not using a full on brake. It will give you a solid rattle, even with two sets of ear pro. I have a Surefire brake on my 10.5" SBR. I run it with a silencer 99% of the time just to keep things civil at my range.

"I want an inexpensive comp"

get a suppressor. don't worry that the stamp alone cost more than 4x what you were looking to spend.

another +1 for a cheap linear comp. I put a Miculeck on my 12.5 and it was very uncomfortable to shoot. putting a linear comp wasn't as effective, but it was much more pleasant.

All I was suggesting was do not put a full on dual/multi port brake and expect to make friends with others on the range. Now if you want to create space around you, go for it!

Getting a suppressor for competition is mostly silly anyways...the shot timer doesn't pick up your shots being fired.

My suggestion for what you are wanting would be something like the BCM compensator. Not too obnoxious, but still tames things down. Maybe find a used one floating around here or m4carbine.net.

Edited by littlehendrick