Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reliance on social media.

TonytheTiger

On an almost daily basis I get emails from great companies I do business with about their awesome sweepstakes and giveaways. My smiley face immediately goes away when the "enter for your chance to win!" button inevitably links me to FB. I do not, and never will, have an account there for many reasons I won't go into here. I'll live without being able to get in on all the cool stuff, but it still sucks!

I should add that while I'm annoyed by such things, gun giveaways aren't that important in the big picture (hate to say it but it's true!) I'm seriously concerned that the day will come that you can't do anything (including things that are necessary to normal life) without being in the social media club.

You do realize you're typing this on social media don't you? :sight:

Damn you caught me good. Fortunately my hatred is focused enough the BE forums isn't caught in the beam. When BE starts taking over the world we'll revisit the topic and I'll be sure to include it. Edited by TonytheTiger

hohohohohohohoho

whats not to hate about FB?

.... we (figure out who 'we" is sometime...) are not the sort that FB wants...

on a slightly related note

One fellow I know once said, finger poked in the air,

"I WILL NOT create a FB account."

He appears to have fallen in battle.

I think one of his grand daughters wrapped him around a little finger....

'tis a sad day.

the battle lingers.

hohohohohohohoho

'tis a sad day.

the battle lingers.

So can I friend you on FB ? ?

In my line of work (Realtor) everybody expects you to be a social media guru to get those juicy leads. FB, Twitter, Vimeo, Snapchat, Instagram, FourSquare, it never ends. I'm not a user of any of them and it's probably costing me millions of dollars in sales every year but I simply refuse to join the herd and bomb anyone and everyone with stupid crap they'll never read. There's even social networking optimizers that'll post for you just so you have a frequent web presence.

On an almost daily basis I get emails from great companies I do business with about their awesome sweepstakes and giveaways. My smiley face immediately goes away when the "enter for your chance to win!" button inevitably links me to FB. I do not, and never will, have an account there for many reasons I won't go into here. I'll live without being able to get in on all the cool stuff, but it still sucks!

post-22108-0-53021200-1343174682_thumb.j

I'm with you... I despise Facebook (for probably the same reasons that you do), and I'll add anything Google related too (YouTube, Android etc.)

hohohohohohohoho

'tis a sad day.

the battle lingers.

You do realize you're typing this on social media don't you? :sight:

Damn you caught me good. Fortunately my hatred is focused enough the BE forums isn't caught in the beam. When BE starts taking over the world we'll revisit the topic and I'll be sure to include it.

Careful....the NSA is watching!

In my line of work (Realtor) everybody expects you to be a social media guru to get those juicy leads. FB, Twitter, Vimeo, Snapchat, Instagram, FourSquare, it never ends. I'm not a user of any of them and it's probably costing me millions of dollars in sales every year but I simply refuse to join the herd and bomb anyone and everyone with stupid crap they'll never read. There's even social networking optimizers that'll post for you just so you have a frequent web presence.

:devil:

youngeyes...

that was funny. Ummmmm...

this thread has devolved into a humor topic...

or

you might have to censor your post as a rebuttal...

onward.

FB has reached far into my world.

I do not want to participate in it

and lately I feel the arm twisting has reached "full bully"

miranda