Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

Well like you know I think uspsa has about as much to do with the Desert Classic as El Niño. I'm really asking the guys at Rio why the flip? It's only been there about 25 years.

Well you got an answer from A GUY FROM RIO. I have been a member out there for dogs years and that was the info I was given. But you can believe whatever you want.

I didn't know you were the match director, sorry. Shot it a bunch, and used to belong to the club. It would be informative to put out a statement. Some people just want to know. Regime change was what one current member told me. I really don't care to argue. Was just asking for information from people who made the decision. Edited by Jadeslade

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Area II Championship was held at Pala Range, Pala, California, from 24 to 26 April 1998.

The Area 2 Championship was held at the NRA Whittington Center, Raton, New Mexico, from 2 - 4 July 1999.

Rio Salado Sportsman's Club, Mesa, Arizona. (Area 2 - AZ05)

Host for the 2000 Area 2 Championship and 13th Annual Rio Salado Desert Classic November 10-12, 2000.

Sent from my reloading bench using Tapatalk

Edited by ParaOrdnanceLarry

Then email practical@rsscaz.com and ask Paul directly instead of asking generically on the forum.

Edited...

. I can just call Paul. What's your point? . It was informative what Para Larry posted. This is the Area 2 Desert Classic thread. For many shooters the terms Desert Classic and Area 2 have been synonymous. It has been one of the premier, if not the premier uspsa pistol match in the nation. I don't know what has you all powered up, but it's not about you. Forums are for shared knowledge. Just curious about the change. Comparing a match like the WesternStates SS, which I have shot and think is an excellent match, with a 3 day major area match is the proverbial apples and oranges. It's an important decision in the shooting world. I am sure a lot more people than I would like to know. You're looking for criticism. There isn't any. This match would fill whether it was the Area 2 Match or not.

• 4 weeks later...

The email that I received on 31 Jan 15 is shown below. If you did not get something like that, you better contact Rio ASAP so you do not miss opening hour (1800 MST) tomorrow (6 Feb 15)

"

Desert Classic Shooters,

The match is rapidly approaching so below are some reminders and update on the match:

Reminder:

The Area II Desert Classic match is a USPSA Level III sanctioned match and will follow all current USPSA rules. To shoot this match, a current USPSA membership is required.

Anyone not a member of Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club, and all juniors, will be required to have a RSSC Liability Waiver signed for this match. If you have not already sent in your signed waiver, here is the link.

January 1st was the last day to withdrawal from the match with a refund.

Update:

On February 6, 2015 at 6pm MST until February 24, 2015 at 6pm MST, the self-squadding web page will open up for the Desert Classic match. There is a limit of 12 shooters per squad and there will be 30 squads. Prior to Feb 6th, an email will be sent to each shooter with the USPSA Webpage Self Squadding Link as well as with log-in information. If you have another email you would rather use, please contact me ASAP. In order to use the PIN or personal profile password, you must be registered with a correct and current USPSA member number.

Prior to self-squadding opening, if there is a group of shooters that would like to be squadded together, please send me the list of shooters and I will set up a squad. When self-squadding opens, each shooter will be responsible for their squadding.

Registration for the match will be at the Training Room next to the Stat’s office on Thursday March 5th, from 10:00am until 6:00pm.

STAFF;

Staff that are shooting the match will be using the self-squadding page as noted above. Squads 89-98 have been set up for Staff Entries only. All staff must choose their squads or they will be assigned. All staff must shoot both Wed and Thursday, there will not be a one day option. Check in for Staff will be on Wednesday, March 4th at 6:15am with shooting starting at 7:00am.

Cheryl Carstensen
USPSA Area II Desert Classic Chief Stats Officer

Email: Pistol-Stats@RSSCAZ.com

Web: www.riosaladodesertclassic.com

"

Later,

Chuck

Did you not get the match notices that states that Squading will not be opened until Feb 6th at 6PM mountain time? Unless you are in a time machine posting from the future. I think you still have to wait 3 hours for it to open up.

I have not received the email link.

How do I get to the squadding page?

Just go to the uspsa website and log in with your password or use the pin on your front sight magazine...

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php

Finally found it.

Squad 3 - are you the Chuck S - OPN on Squad 3?

Got an email from PistolStats with a PIN number but no link.

I still can't change my USPSA login since it was hacked; apparently my email on file they send the reset to is an old one that doesn't exist anymore so I'm stuck in a Catch-22.

I have not received the email link.

How do I get to the squadding page?

Just go to the uspsa website and log in with your password or use the pin on your front sight magazine...

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php

Finally found it.

Squad 3 - are you the Chuck S - OPN on Squad 3?

Got an email from PistolStats with a PIN number but no link.

I still can't change my USPSA login since it was hacked; apparently my email on file they send the reset to is an old one that doesn't exist anymore so I'm stuck in a Catch-22.

Yup, welcome to squad 3. BTW: The pin # on your Front Sight label should still work. You should be able to log in with the pin and change you password (and email) in your profile.

Edited by ChuckS

I'm super excited for this match. Luckily its close to home for me. It'll only be my second major USPSA (first being USPSA 2014 Nationals) If only I knew what gun I was shooting! ><

Heard nothing but good things about this match from people that shot it last year. As always looking to meet everyone from the forums and hopefully learn a thing or two!