Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Found the 22s

ghost21

So the ethical question of the day is ......if you take your wife and go to a black Friday sale for .22 ammo, does that make you a hoarder?

If you traded your black Friday .22 ammo for pistol powder does that make you a flipper?

Ghost21, You were right on the money about Dick's, they sent out a flyer in my paper (Sun Sentinel)Ft.Lauderdale area, 3 days before Thanksgiving showing 2 flavors of 22lr in the 525 value packs-Federal and Remington for $19.98 They also stated that this sale will begin at 5pm THURS THANKSGIVING NIGHT & continue into black Fri.I went there at 6:00 PM after eating and football - ALL GONE in the first 15 minutes, they told me the lines outside were all waiting to get to the Ammo counter when they opened the doors at 5PM, I asked them if they had enough boxes on hand to continue this sale into Black Fri, but they said everything they had was sold out in the first 15 minutes. I wonder how many boxes they had, as they limited purchases to 1 per person.

Ghost21, You were right on the money about Dick's, they sent out a flyer in my paper (Sun Sentinel)Ft.Lauderdale area, 3 days before Thanksgiving showing 2 flavors of 22lr in the 525 value packs-Federal and Remington for $19.98 They also stated that this sale will begin at 5pm THURS THANKSGIVING NIGHT & continue into black Fri.I went there at 6:00 PM after eating and football - ALL GONE in the first 15 minutes, they told me the lines outside were all waiting to get to the Ammo counter when they opened the doors at 5PM, I asked them if they had enough boxes on hand to continue this sale into Black Fri, but they said everything they had was sold out in the first 15 minutes. I wonder how many boxes they had, as they limited purchases to 1 per person.

If they sold their entire stock of .22lr inventory in 15 minutes limiting 1 per person, they didn't have squat on hand and certainly weren't doing a very good job hoarding or controlling the market.

My local LGS has the 525 value packs, I believe for $24.95, they must be sitting on mountains of pallets in comparison, they have had them for a few days and I don't think they have a limit. They had stacks and stacks of Mini Mags and CCI Standard Velocity (at $12.95 / 100 which is too much but they had them).

I blame this all on Obamacare and easy access to birth control. Trust me you have a kid and see how quickly your demand for ammo and powder drops. Of course there could be a huge surge in demand once those kids hit shooting age. Call it the Cricket Curve?

The one here still has 22s I went to several stores today(Saturday) And they all had 22s. Sportsman warehouse can kiss my ass, they are asking $4.95 for a box of 50 and limit one per person. needless to say they still have a good supply of they on the shelf

this was from a store around here this afternoon about 3 oclock so thats whats left after all day friday and most of the day saturday and its a very large gun shop. the limit was 10 "bricks" ie 300 packs per person. I was well stocked myself buy got the 3rd picture ie the whole case for a friend

post-14119-0-00383200-1417310481_thumb.j

post-14119-0-85525800-1417310488_thumb.j

post-14119-0-86475500-1417310495_thumb.j