Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 23 long slide 9mm is the most accurate ever!

bdaviswlk

I have finally transferred my glock 23 gen3 gun into the most accurate Longslide 9mm Pistol I can ever shoot. I have special weights and springs to make it barely move when I do fast taps. I have not seen or heard anyone else do this other than me. You guys tell me what you all think.

post-51256-0-72502200-1416626792_thumb.j

post-51256-0-25939300-1416626804_thumb.j

post-51256-0-14029800-1416626816_thumb.j

post-51256-0-79579000-1416626929_thumb.j

I must be missing something.

I'm thinking about coating my slide exterior with red candle wax. It might reduce air drag and improve my accuracy. Unfortunately I have not figured out how to keep it from dripping when hot. Shoot slower I guess.

Who has time to dream up this stuff? Shoot more, think less!

I'm thinking about coating my slide exterior with red candle wax. It might reduce air drag and improve my accuracy. Unfortunately I have not figured out how to keep it from dripping when hot. Shoot slower I guess.

I have heard that the blue candle wax does not melt as fast as the red but it is also a little more expensive. I think in the long run, it would be a little more cost effective.

It's been done, if there wasn't a demand for it lone wolf wouldn't make the barrels for the conversion... looks cool and if it works for you great! People have been cutting the g17 grip down to g19 length since they came out. Makes it easier to conceal.

Edited by Steven420

No, new magic gizmos and over the top modifications are far faster and easier than mastering the fundamentals. That takes had work and practice....

Try this for a custom. USPSA Limited Minor and IDPA SSP. Had to retire it after the fire, still runs, but not so accurate with a tweaked frame and slide.

image33267.jpg

image31932.jpg

I have finally transferred my glock 23 gen3 gun into the most accurate Longslide 9mm Pistol I can ever shoot. I have special weights and springs to make it barely move when I do fast taps. I have not seen or heard anyone else do this other than me. You guys tell me what you all think.

This is a great starter build... Trust me, you're obviously new into the money pit that is shooting sports. The issue with this build (if you wanted to use it for competitive shooting sports) is that you can't use it for Prod, or SSP, you'd have to use it in limited or ESP... And you are at a huge disadvantage because fitting it with a magwell really squeezes your fingers.

Looks good, but you'll soon learn all the stuff out there to drop $ on! I buy my parts in triple! Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for my late reply but here's how it happened with this gun. Three years ago my buddy talked me into getting a concealed license so I did and bought the glock 23 gen3. I got to shooting it almost every day and ended up setting up a small range I built at my the gravel pit on my property. Anyway, my buddy told me I should buy the LW 9mm conv barrel for it and shoot it even more accurate. So I did and ended up getting the 4.49 in barrel which is the G22 size and not the g23 conv on accident. No biggie just a little extended. After shooting 10k+ rounds the first year like that I wanted to get a glock competition gun so I could get better. So I did G34 gen4 and hated how it felt in my hands so I traded it for the g34 gen3 and I felt the same way. So I sold it and got looking to see if I could put a longer slide on my G23 so my shooting would improve. So I saw where LW makes a dc-1 adapter to add a longer slide to your glock. So I bought that (54$) and a bare LW G22 slide (209$) because I already had the right 9mm length barrel and it was the .40-9 conversion. I already had aftermarket competition internal parts for my slide and receiver so once my adapter and slide came in the mail I assembled everything and finally put together the most accurate glock I can shoot. I know it's a little weird but that's the story. I would have the G34 right now if I hadn't shot 10+k in the G23 frame and gotten way to accustomed to it.

Long slides are awesome, and they make you feel more accurate due to the easier ability to create the "perfect" sight alignment. I enjoy the ability of shooting 9mm through my Glock 35 with a conversion barrel as well.

You better be careful, you might just end up buying another frame and making it a dedicated race gun!

As other have pointed out, with the changing of caliber from the initial frame, as well as changing slide length, you are put into a much more competetive devision in USPSA (limited). Shouldn't be an issue if you are just doing it for fun, but it may seem frustrating some days as the "need" to do better kicks in.